Hardshell Case for MH Series?....

Updated
5150-Viper
anyone have experience with a good after market case (skb,gator, etc.) for the MH series or horizon style guitars? I hoping to find one that fits my guitar (mh-1000nt) nice and snug so it doesn't move around much. I know the ESP/LTD branded ones exist but i was wondering if anyone has a different brand one that there happy with.
hollowcrown

dont go with an skb. I had to batter the shit out of mine to fit the tip of the headstock of my MH to fit in the case haha

SutterCain

I went with a roadrunner case for mine. Nice and snug, built to last.

load more replies (1 of 1)
EvolutionVII

The headstock in the case is not form fitted, just go for body fitment.

shironeko

so I can go buy the ESP MH case then. you own a H-500 did you use the MH hardshell case for it?

EvolutionVII

you own a H-500 did you use the MH hardshell case for it?

F*ck no, the original cases are overpriced POS imho.
I use a Gator and a cheap no name wood case.

Juanzilla

I have an h1001, and I was going to get the esp case for it but they were, so I got a gator case and it fits just fine doesn't move at all

shironeko

I have an h1001, and I was going to get the esp case for it but they were, so I got a gator case and it fits just fine doesn't move at all

so was your gator case same as the one in the link I posted? or any gator case will fit?

Juanzilla

its a good case, i have one

Juanzilla

Yea same exact one

shironeko

Thanks for uploading some pics. its really helpful

SutterCain

Hey guys, I just got a new/old guitar that i'm gonna be posting pics of later. It's a MH-1000. My roadrunner case fits my MH 401 pretty good, but in hindsight I want a form fitted case and I don't want the headstock touching at all. I want the headstock floating in the air, cause of the angle of it. So I have to order this thing blind as sam ash and guitar center don't carry crap in their stores. I want a form fitted case for the guitar, with plenty of neck support and the angled headstock not touching the case. Any ideas? Pictures of the interior would be helpful if you own one. Last resort is an ESP case, but from what everyone says I don't want to spend the money for something that's brittle.

5150-Viper

i got the ESP form fitted case for $89. and i believe thats what samash has them for. and it gives the head plenty of room all the way around it.

SutterCain

I just totally want a form fitted case like that ibanez one, but i don't want my guitar resting on its head stock.

load more replies (1 of 1)
5150-Viper

^then get the case thats ment for it

Feraledge

I've had an H400, MH400 and M-I all fit perfectly in an MH case, it works for all of them.
I always get ESP cases for my ESPs but I think it's like a weird tick. They're not the best cases out there by any means, but they work. I've had a loose handle on one and that's after a guitar was shipped to me in the case duct taped.
But for the price I imagine you could get better quality. I've seen a Jackson TSA case that looks far more solid.

Post to Thread