Floyd Rose Special.

Updated
XxDBENCxX
I just ordered a LTD ST-203FR. Back ordered until April 6th. Anyway, I'm not much of a Floyd Rose type of player so maybe someone who is can chime in. Is the special any good? Is it a down grade and is it worth it to replace it?
Tsmith541

yes, It is a downgrade (Compared to the FRO, FR1000, and the FRpro.)

XxDBENCxX

Is it worth while to replace? And is it difficult to do so?

Chuckles

Is it worth while to replace? And is it difficult to do so?
depends what kind of dough your carrying :D

load more replies (1 of 1)
Judas

If you're not a Floyd guy and are not going to be using the whammy then as long as the thing stays in tune I wouldn't bother changing. I have 3 guitars with Floyd's and only one with an OFR and all stay in tune.

XxDBENCxX

I guess I'll just see how it goes. I shouldn't say I'm not a Floyd guy. I just prefer other bridges. I always wanted a Strat with a Floyd, just that the local shop got me all rattled up. Thanks for the input fellas.

brandono61cr

hey i have one on my mh-250m and it works fine ( not perfect ) as long as you take care of it you should be good . my story is kinda like yours ,didnt konw if floyds where for me . turns out they arnt . so i blocked mine and OH MY GOD i cant put it down , the night i got it back from my guitar tech i didnt go to sleep till 5:30 ,the next day .

if you find that the floyd is your thing i would defentaly recomend you to upgrade to a OFR or a 1000 series ( exact same specs. as a OFR but made in korea not germany ) from ebay

any way you cant go wrong =)

Creepingshredder

I here people complain all the time " it always goes out of tune". I have never EVER had it go out of tune on me. My advice, it aint broken, so don't fix it

Post to Thread