whats the quality difference between esp and ltd?

Updated
deathfann
whats the difference between the two exactly? i no that ltd is made with cheeper quality products but thats all iv used so is ESP supposed to be better? iv heard they arent as good as ltd's.
Cederick F.
Eric V. wrote:
whats the difference between the two exactly? i no that ltd is made with cheeper quality products but thats all iv used so is ESP supposed to be better? iv heard they arent as good as ltd's.

Honestly, unless it's completely handmade, (cut, fitted, routed, etc. BY HAND,) the quality is going to vary from piece to piece. ESP or LTD, they are both mass produced, factory products. QC is the biggest factor in quality.

CNC machines are more accurate than "by hand".

And it does it much faster too.

It's all about the quality of the material that is shaped. Of course ESP takes the best lumber to the luthiers at ESP Custom shop, and leaves the less quality for LTD 50 series.

That way they will have more stable and prettier necks at the ESP range than the LTD 50 range, for example. 

If you put the same piece of wood in a CNC machine or a luthiers workbench, it would end up pretty much the same, but the luthier would have more minor variations because a human cannot really be perfect. They can DARN GOOD tho. 

Also, most "by hand" routings are still made with templates.

Savoy

Who makes the LTD locking tuners and hardware found on the EC-1000? Are they made in Korea, China, or are they Gotoh (Japanese)? Anyone have any idea about this or any of the other hardware on the eclipse series?

Bar R.

So can anyone say what the quality is like nowadays, must be loads better, I’m looking at the KH Demonology or Ouija, at £1050.00 / £1500.00 I would expect perfection in assembly, I have an SG Standard which is awesome quality, so would expect similar without having to pay £5k

John P.

My $0.02...I have an 80's Mirage and love it. I haven't spent much time with the LTD series but the styling and price makes it worthwhile for a working stiff. I do know the Japanese gear is top notch but I think a high series LTD would be "awesome enough". A comment mentioned the 50-250 series are low end and 300-1000 use better materials, top notch components, and higher quality levels of quality/build control. I can see it...makes complete sense. Labor costs reductions are one thing...but wrap that up with questionable QC, machining, components...you begin to see a difference.

Slartibartfarst42

I think it's too sweeping a statement to say that LTD is the ESP budget line and then equate it to Epiphone or Squier. Not all budget lines are of the same level and I would cite the PRS SE range as a fine example. I've owned a number of PRS SE guitars and every single one has been superb. As good as the American made PRS Core models? No, certainly not, but they were all better than my Mexican Fender and better than my USA Gibson Les Paul, so although they are technically a 'budget' line, they're still an excellent guitar by any standard and way above most other budget lines. I'd say that something like the PRS SE Custom 24 is probably pretty close to an LTD 1000 series and anyone who has played a 1000 series knows it's a guitar a pro could happily gig with.

I think that after this point, you get into the subjective area of 'value for money' and that's going to be different for everyone. I think there is little better than a USA made PRS, but there is no way I'd ever buy one because I just don't personally think they're worth it. They're at least three times the price and often a lot more than that but although they're better, the difference for me is nowhere near enough to justify that price. I view the LTD/ESP debate in exactly the same terms. The ESP range of guitars are better but for me, the difference is nothing like enough to warrant the extra I'd have to spend. That's not to say those buying ESP guitars are wrong, it's their choice and their money but it's not the easily quantifiable argument it is lower down the range. I can move to the low end LTD guitars to a 1000 series and point to very specific and practical reasons for the extra investment, like better hardware, better pickups etc. but it isn't the same debate between LTD 1000 and ESP. A Floyd 1000 is an excellent trem and the Floyd Special is a cheap alternative. Moving from a Floyd 1000 to an OFR is a very marginal difference indeed but again, it's subjective and this is simply my view. I do have the money to buy an ESP, I simply choose not to do so because for me, in my situation and with my skill level, it just isn't worth it.

Lex K.

I think the most important distinction is the molded plastic nut on the LTD vs. proper synthetic self-lubricating one on the Japanese-made guitars.

Interestingly enough 1000-series Deluxe models made Korea & Indonesia started getting stainless steel frets in 2021, while currently the non-custom shop models from Japan come with alloy frets. How much that matters, probably not a whole lot. Unless you wanna play using exclusively cobalt / super hard strings and really put the guitar through hell.

Leyla D.

It's great to see this post. I really appreciate your work   mens shearling hoodie

Virginia N.

Thanks for the info I was looking for! Recommend to try http://essaypapers.reviews/

jiho u.

I agree with your share, there must be a certain reason in the case klondike solitaire

James  a.

The team behind our awesome assignment help USA service maintains strict policies against plagiarism. Collaborating with our writers by availing Assignment Help in United States will not only help you with your grades but also your essay assignment skill will be good.

Ava E.

Thanks for the valuable content this is very useful for us. You can check also our disney plus websites. Disney plus is a streaming platform that is similar as Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon Prime Video. For more information and updates please visit our websites so you get more knowledge and new latest updates about our sites.

what is the disney plus code
disney plus enter tv code
disney plus device activation
disney plus start code
disney plus code log in
disney plus start enter code

sajjad k.

Thank you to provide us this useful information.for more information visit to my site so you can get more useful and valuable information
https://foxnewscomconect.com

https://ijcan0setup.com
https://win365setup.com

https://plexstvlink.com 

Mike R.

Well, LTD are made in China with part made in China, that's it.

Leyla D.

Great Article. You have beautifully articulated it. Readers revisit only if they found something useful.  custom leather riding vest

SonicBrewtality

If it plays good and feels good to you, doesn’t matter what it says on the headstock.

Rock on!

Post to Thread