Ex-401 Dx

Updated
Tsmith541
Hey, does anyone on this fourm own one of these? They look pretty awesome and now that i got a decent job, it looks like a good buy. So, I want to know if it's any good. Thanks! -Tsmith541
singlecoilpickup

EX = Fail.

Pushead

Aside from being a less-than-popular body shape, the 400 series LTD guitars are a pretty good value. In that price range, I'd pick a 400 LTD over anything else on the market.

singlecoilpickup

Aside from being a less-than-popular body shape, the 400 series LTD guitars are a pretty good value. In that price range, I'd pick a 400 LTD over anything else on the market.

This is very true about the 400 series. However the EX is just fugly.

load more replies (1 of 1)
SmthngWcked

I don't know that model very well, but only thing i didn't like is the floyd rose on it... an explorer is always a good rhythm axe imo. BUT I had 2 EX's a EX400BD and a FX400SM, they were great guitars, great sound and looked great. I just sold them a month ago since I kind of got bored with the their shape... i like the prelawsuit shape better, but honestly if you like it go for it dude. You'll be happy. They should release one of the EX's with a reverse headstock..

Dark Alone

an explorer is always a good rhythm axe imo

Right. So why would anyone want an EX?

EX != Explorer.

reaperofnothing

My favorite is easily the 401...only thing I see it missing is the locking nut

how so? having a locking nut without a Floyd or a fixed bridge with fine tuners is going to have some serious tune problems

reaperofnothing

ah, gotcha

Post to Thread