Trying to get the best metal pick ups for my MH-50 to make it sound sooo metal

Updated
Giancarlo
My MH-50 is a very good guitar but the weak part are the pick ups. I wanna get a Carcass/Arch Enemy/Nevermore sound. I'm not sure what kind of pick upss I should get... My guitar doesn't take active pick upss so I can only get passive which I think is a bitch lol I'll thank for the help!!! The parts of my guitar: Bolt-On 25.5” Scale Basswood Body Maple Neck Rosewood Fingerboard Locking Nut 42mm Neck Width Thin U Neck Contour 24 XJ Frets Chrome Hardware ESP Tuners Floyd Rose Special Bridge ESP LH-150 (B&N) p.u. Finish: BLK
Borked Bob

How can there not be room? Theres plenty of room in the cavity on the back of poth my guitars for a damn battery.

43%burnt

Well there's no room for a battery unless they make a hole there... Shit nobody is helping!!

Make a hole then, idiot.

Giancarlo

Like the one hole in your mom scumMake a hole then, idiot.

Borked Bob

I know who is gonna be a popular fellow around here..

Haakenstad

I know who is gonna be a popular fellow around here..

you?

no wait

Roidster

:lol

fretdude

with a name like Giancarlo you know he's a pompous ass! LOL

Borked Bob

Im already popular

Giancarlo

About pick ups u don't know shit but when it's about insulting u guys are good ;p

Curt Daddy

Punctuation, use it.

fourmz

Dude you need to hit the "Mellow Out" button. You have to have a sense of humor here (These sharks can smell blood, lol) As far as you guitar goes you can put up to 2 - 9volt batteries in the pot cavity, I know because I have done it as well as 1/2 of the members here. If you want to go for passive, I like the Bill Lawrence XL500. Some people don't like them , IMO, they can handle some good gain with out getting too muddy.

Giancarlo

I'm allright dude hA Got tons of sense of humor. What sharks? These dudes are no sharks man... they think they're smart.. Anyway The guitar I got is pretty weird so I thought it would not take batteries. Bill Lawrence pick upss are new to me. I'll check them out for sure. Thanks

ThanksDude you need to hit the "Mellow Out" button. You have to have a sense of humor here (These sharks can smell blood, lol) As far as you guitar goes you can put up to 2 - 9volt batteries in the pot cavity, I know because I have done it as well as 1/2 of the members here. If you want to go for passive, I like the Bill Lawrence XL500. Some people don't like them , IMO, they can handle some good gain with out getting too muddy.

Borked Bob

Gian can you just fuck off you stupid moron. 9V batteries will fit in the control cavity, loads of members do it here.

tyvan

Dude you need to hit the "Mellow Out" button. You have to have a sense of humor here (These sharks can smell blood, lol) As far as you guitar goes you can put up to 2 - 9volt batteries in the pot cavity, I know because I have done it as well as 1/2 of the members here. If you want to go for passive, I like the Bill Lawrence XL500. Some people don't like them , IMO, they can handle some good gain with out getting too muddy.
but he wants the brootalz sound, he cant be mellow =/, and hell yes the members here can smell blood from miles away, most are funny as hell, but alot like to prey on retired(stupid, for the kid who just joined) members

About pick ups u don't know shit but when it's about insulting u guys are good ;p
its funny as hell when some guy who just joined is talking about how the well known board members (pointing out im am not one of them, mostly a lurker) doesnt know how guitars are set up and wired

I'm allright dude hA Got tons of sense of humor. What sharks? These dudes are no sharks man... they think they're smart.. Anyway The guitar I got is pretty weird so I thought it would not take batteries. Bill Lawrence pick upss are new to me. I'll check them out for sure. Thanks

Thanks
im sorry dude, but coming from a guy trying to mod a mh-50(beginner level), i dont think that ur any smarter than half the board, btw im still a beginner too, but when i joined and asked questions about stuff i didnt no, i respected what the members had to say, if they told me something was done this way or that, i didnt say they didnt no shit, because they know a fuckload about guitars, especially the esp/ltd brand since this is the ESP forum

TheJudasKiss

My guitar doesn't take active pick upss

What?

Why the hell would'nt it? It's a piece of wood. It's not like a computer game with system requirements!

OutlawTorn

sell the 50 series guitar, save the money you were going to spend on pick ups for a 50 series LTD and get a better guitar

FLSHWND

sell the 50 series guitar, save the money you were going to spend on pick ups for a 50 series LTD and get a better guitar

You said it brother. Why upgrade the pickups when the amp and guitar is a piece of junk?

Curt Daddy

well his amp is an MG-15 marshall.... sounds like he'd be better off upgrading the amp, first.

Borked Bob

well his amp is an MG-15 marshall.... sounds like he'd be better off upgrading the amp, first.

That is a debatable thought.

load more replies (1 of 1)
SixStringer

esp eclipses have emg actives, but no battery hole..the battery is behind the big plastic cover in the back of your guitar...so you can do the same with your h50, just wrap with some sponge in case it leaks

Justinschut

he should upgrade is attitude first, otherwise everything he touches will turn to fail anywayz

Post to Thread