New Paint? Decals?!

Updated
MeTal_HeaD
Hey all; Yep, first post here..this is my story! I bought a LTD Ex-351 the other day for 280$ w/LTD case; I'm going to get it repainted, its a mess..Body is spray canned 'flat black', neck and head are to my knowledge, stock metallic blue. Theres a guy in town that paints guitars in his spare time, and does really nice work. for dirt cheap, ($360, stripped, clear, full guitar) I believe i am going to run into a problem with the Headstock Decals. I have no intentions of selling the guitar, but i would still like to 'flaunt' the LTD goodness, and have the decals so the guitar looks complete. Any Ideas? I have no problem finding "ESP Custom" ones...just no LTD. I'm thinking Olympic White...I already have a Black Charvel, but black sure is nice on the ex's also.... Thanks
MeTal_HeaD

no Myspace account :( I've tried contacting their 'support' but the link never works.. i get the "The page cannot be found" after hitting submit...dannnnngg..

moosemeister

Go with an ESP custom decal. ;)

andrei

yeah, go for the ESP decal.
as long as you aren't trying to sell it as an esp, i guess it's ok (a fanboy thing).

you may also consider moving the strap button to the back of the neck before sending it to paint.
i did it on mine and am now stuck with the holes.

Justin

ooh, that'd be cool. Custom decal too xD
Good luck!

MeTal_HeaD

Yah. I was thinking about that also! It's multi-coloured..and has a bunch of pic scratches...Just a personal thing you know? I've wanted one of these for years...and i finally picked one up for a hell've a deal (imo anyway). Everything is in Canadian for me...Ontario!

It currently has; EMG Hz-h4 in the head, and a Duncan Design JB in the bridge...It blew me away sound wise... I was thinking of going for the EMG 60/80's..Opinions?

andrei

it's a good deal for the guitar, but + paint i guess it's to much.

how many usd are 800 C$ ?

the ex-351 comes with emg hz-h1 pups.
from the looks in the pic i'd say it's still the h1 in the neck.
(a decent pickup for clean)

i switched mine for 81/60.
with that and the neck-diving issue solved (by moving the button) the guitar is perfect for my needs and ears.

Skin N. Bones

Or just bring a pix of the logo you want to an advertising/sign shop and they can make you a sticker just about any size or color.

MeTal_HeaD

Still no luck with the Logo. Decided to paint it Charcoal Pearl, so atleast its a custom paint. I tried bringing it to a Logo shop, they wouldn't only do '1' logo, wanted me to buy atleast 5 sheets, upa orund 50$ or somthing lol.

strngthbyndstrngth

Still no luck with the Logo. Decided to paint it Charcoal Pearl, so atleast its a custom paint. I tried bringing it to a Logo shop, they wouldn't only do '1' logo, wanted me to buy atleast 5 sheets, upa orund 50$ or somthing lol.
I can make you an ltd decal. which style do you want, and what color. Let me know, I'll make it no problem......free of charge.

Post to Thread