KH-202 help

Updated
57Octane
I'm planning on getting an actual ESP sometime in the next year, but in the meantime I want to fix my old KH-202. The crapo bridge on it just doesnt work, it never did. So I want to put an OFR on it. I just want to be sure it'll fit before I buy it, so that's my first question. Will an OFR fit without any mods to the guitar? Second, I need an R2 nut for it right? Third, my neck pup is dead as door nail. Yeah, I could replace the whole set with some active EMG's, but I can't really afford that so I wanna' try and fix the ones I have. All the connections seem to be soldered in fine. It's worked great (pickup wise) up until a few months ago. The neck pickup just wont make any sound at all. Also, does anybody know where to get a pickgaurd that will fit the M series? I want something to set this apart from the run of the mill "KiRkz gUitaRZ!1!"
1point8t

A real Floyd will drop right in without any modification, but make sure you get a Floyd with a 37mm sustain block on it... there was another thread recently about a guy who put a Floyd with the 42mm sustain block in his KH. Since the 42mm block is slighty too long for the recess in the body, the block actually stuck out of the back of the guitar a little bit, where the spring cavity cover would go. You also want a top mount R2 nut.

As far as your pickup issue, it could be the pickup itself, but since the KH has individual volume pots for each PU, you might want to check there, it's possible that the pot went south on you. If not, I believe that those HZ's have a QuikConnect and swapping it out would be a piece of cake.

Lastly, you'll need to get a pickguard that is for a soloist style body, rather than a regular strat shaped pickguard. I bought one from Warmoth recently to put on an M-bodied ESP that I have, and it wouldn't fit due to the strat having shorter horns and not so shallow of a bottom cutaway. I also found that the tone pot hole wasn't covered underneath the pickguard, it was too far left for the guard to cover it. You might want to send pics of the body to whatever company, it's possible for them to blow the pic up to scale and make you a pickguard that will fit 100%.

Post to Thread