CarpeDiem

Mesa Problems...Any Other Amp Suggestions?

Updated
So I bought a use triple rec about a year ago, nothing but problems so I put it aside and bought a brand new dual rec. I've had it for about 3 months and the power tubes took a shit on me already, warranty FTW! Now I'm...
MORE »
GOOD Monitors For My Line 6 Pod X3

GOOD Monitors For My Line 6 Pod X3

Updated
As a few of you may know, Im looking for a pair of decent monitors for my Line 6 Pod X3, and have stumbled across a couple of solutions that may be good for me, as i do have space constraints in the room id be working in, but...
MORE »
CAPTAIN SARG

best noise suppressor

Updated
hey everybody i think i need a better noise suppressor. right now im using the boss ns-2 and when i turn the volume up on my amp there isnt much reduction when the threshold knob is all the way up what are some recomendations...
MORE »
savageshredder

BASSwood RG - Which Dimarzio?

Updated
I keep the RG (maple fretboard)in Estandard and run it through a 5150 with 212 cab I was thinking paf pro or air norton for the neck(will it be too bright sounding?) Im really having problems on selecting a bridge pickup...
MORE »
ScytheMan

Non-grounded power supply

Updated
My amp took shit on me(not literally would be funny though eh) and my mom is gonna buy me a new one but she says I cant use it in my room because it is 120 watts and it would start an electrical fire. What should I do look...
MORE »
Nostradamus

Quick Review: Bare Knuckle Painkiller

Updated
I just put a set of these in my RZK-600 (in drop C) to replace the emg 85(b)/81(n) combo that was in there before. The bridge painkiller is very open and raw sounding, much less compressed than the 85. It sounds fantastic...
MORE »
Richie C

So I bought the MXR GT-OD...

Updated
...and have totally ruined my tone. This isn't a bash post against the pedal, but rather a call for suggestions. I asked a friend who uses a lot of pedals and this is what he'd said: - Send goes to pedal's input and and...
MORE »
ScytheMan

Anyone Ever Use

Updated
Has anyone ever used a Kent Armstrong Motherbucker If so What do they sound like How midrangey is it Is it super muddy what kind of guitar does it sound best in I'm curious because i want to put it in the Monstrat I'm gonna...
MORE »
gab4554

A good amp for 600-700$

Updated
For 600-700$ or around that price what amp should I buy. I currently own a Viper 400 and a Boss MT-2 pedal. Im looking for a good amp for the pickups I have (81,85)....
MORE »
CAPTAIN SARG

rack gear

Updated
im looking into getting some rack gear and so far all i have is a tuner and surge protector. what other rack gear should i have i would be using a peavey 6505+ also what is this g major device i hear about? thanks in advance...
MORE »
xchumfiestax

Another Dimarzio Thread?

Updated
So, I'm planning on getting a ph-600 Never owned an alder body guitar or a guitar with dimarzios. Can the air zone do the BROOTULZ? Should I go with an X2N? is an X2N a good choice for alder? help? :(...
MORE »
gorsch

G major users, I'm having issues with mine

Updated
We play our show and all is good. Unload gear at the rehersal space and nothing gets dropped. Go to set it all back up, power on and I'm getting a weak signal. My 5150's volume is at 3 so it should be cranking. I bypass...
MORE »
konan

Triaxis/2:90 vs Quad/50:50 vs Studio/20:20

Updated
hey guys, i already got some nice help via pm from monty and pushhead, wanna thank u for that again! now i'm pretty much settled myself on the black album met-fanboy tone. i'd like to buy a rack giving me that BA-tone and...
MORE »
antipole

EMG 81 vs 60 for Bridge Position

Updated
Hello I basically have two questions: 1) How do EMG 81 and EMG 60 do in the bridge position on a Alder wood guitar? I play Metal a lot and use modern amplifiers (ex. Mesa) but nothing extreme (ex. high distortion amplifier...
MORE »
Yetti1

Too Much Pick Scape?

Updated
Sup duders Alright so ive got a Mesa Quad Preamp, With the 395 power amp...some might already know that. Anyways Im not a complete noob on amps but i cannot for the damn life of me eq out the sound of my pick scrape....
MORE »