The Fake ESP Thread

Updated
The Fake ESP Thread

Pushead and I are here to help verify ESP and LTD guitars. If you have, or are looking to buy a guitar that you're unsure of, post pictures and questions in this thread. Please post clear pictures of the front and back of the headstock, the fretboard, and the front and back of the body. Preferably before you buy anything.

Anyone else is free to offer suggestions on authenticity. If you answer a post, please tell us why you think it's real or fake.

TheWeb S.

I really surprized to do this.

baris z.

Loren H.

Does my ltd look authentic?

Jaime C.

Hi everyone i think that This ec1000 it's a graeat fake, it's on sale but seems weird the potentiometers 

It's a fake o just something rare in production?

Jaime C.

Tim H.

Just got this "1998 ESP M-II Deluxe" online. I would like your opinion on if this is a fake or not. 

JNM

Looking to see if this is legit…

#L15080346

Many thanks in advance!

Pushead

Jaime, that EC-1000 is a fake. Stay far away.

Tim, your M-II is legit, no worries.

JNM, that KH-202 is also legit. A 2015 model.

Tim H.

Awesome to hear! Thank you Pushead!

Aaron B.

Any thoughts on this? thanks!

Aaron B.

i think i know the answer, but I’d love to hear opinions. Fake?

Pushead

Hi Aaron, yes, it's fake.

KimuraJack

Hello, earlier online I came across what is described as a 2004 ESP Eclipse II in Amber Cherry Sunburst but thought it looked more like an Eclipse 1 CTM. Any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Pushead

Hey Jack, I replied to your PM, but for the thread, it is an 04 Eclipse II. With a figured top, it's an Eclipse II, even if it has the 4-knob layout. It's not a CTM model because it doesn't have an ebony fingerboard or multi-ply binding.

Need to know way too much about Eclipses?:

Natalia S.

Hi, can someone verify this one for me? I was looking for this specific model for quite some time, but I have no idea whether it's real or not. It's supposed to be LTD KH-202 from 2004  (at least that's what the guy says). Thanks in advance

Post to Thread