The Fake ESP Thread

Updated
The Fake ESP Thread

Pushead and I are here to help verify ESP and LTD guitars. If you have, or are looking to buy a guitar that you're unsure of, post pictures and questions in this thread. Please post clear pictures of the front and back of the headstock, the fretboard, and the front and back of the body. Preferably before you buy anything.

Anyone else is free to offer suggestions on authenticity. If you answer a post, please tell us why you think it's real or fake.

Silversmith J.

Can you verify it forr mee plsss, btww sorry about the background

Silversmith J.

I've change the pickups because tge stock p90 was so noisy and sounds not goood

Mickey S.

Were there any 335's built in the early days? I have one that was finished at Mighty Mite, and I was looking to see who may have built the blanks.

Pushead

Hey Silversmith, sorry for the delay. It's legit, a 2012 model. I guess it didn't sell well, but I wish they had a p-90 model still available.

Mickey, I've seen one or two ESP branded 335 guitars over the years, but I don't know if they built any body/neck combos while they were still making parts.

Ben W.

Hey all,

I’m look at purchasing this grynch, does anything stand out as dodgy on it? It’s a guitar I’ve wanted for years and the first time I’ve been in a position to get one when it’s available, don’t want to get carried away though!

thanks in advance!

Ben

Pushead

Hi Ben, everything looks good to me.

Ben W.

Thanks!

Fred B.

Hi folks !

I'm new here, about to buy a used Eclipse II at a fair price, and wanted to check the authenticity. The serial seems legit, the whole aspect as well, but the different trussrod cache and the absence of the word "Eclipse" on the headstock makes me doubt.

@Pushead : I watch your videos on Youtube, I enjoyd them a lot Do you think it's the same finish as your amber one ? On the sale ad, it is labelled as Dark Brown Sunburst.

Thanks a lot by advance !

Pushead

Hard to tell from the small-ish photo, but it seems to be a 2003 model. It may be before they added the name to the headstock and the matching truss rod cover.

Everything else looks good to me, so I'd feel comfortable picking it up if it was a good price. It looks more like aged cherry sunburst rather than the brown, but maybe it's just the photos.

Fred B.

Hi Pushead, I thank you so much for your quick answer !

I zoomed on the picture and it clearly is an early 2003 serial number.

i can get it for 1400€ which is not the deal of the century but still pretty fair in comparison to the others ad I checked.

I didn’t know there was a period during which ESP didn’t put the Eclipse name on the headstock and the model had a different truss rod cache. I assumed after watching your video presenting your tremendous collection that these details were on all the Eclipses since they’re on every model you own. That’s good to know !

Edit : I just found this video of another early 2003 Eclipse, seems to be the same finish, and same headstock details than the one I spotted !
 https://youtu.be/pAfAgeFVes0

You rock man, I feel completely confident know !

espSpain

Good day, curious to hear your thoughts on this one. Looks from the mid-1980s, when SE models were listed in ESP catalogs, but have not managed to find much information on this particular model. Many thanks in advance. 

Greg J.

This one is for sale locally. Thinking of pulling the trigger on it, but wanted to see if anything looks off. It's listed as 2007 eclipse euro/Asia model. Thanks in advance. 

Dylan M.

can anyone help me verify this is a legit 1990Esp KH-503??  Serial #. E069908

hard to verify pre 2000 era . Korean made guitars  

Pushead

espSpain, yeah, looks like mid 80s. I'm not really familiar with that era, but there's nothing that looks particularly out of place.

Greg, it's a legit 2007 Eclipse I. The truss rod cover isn't stock, but that's the only thing that seems out of place.

Dylan, it's a legit KH-503, but not from 1990, it's be closer to 2000-2002ish. The spider sticker is not stock, nor is the trem bar.

Greg J.

Ok, thanks! Yeah, the truss rod cover looked off to me too. 

espSpain

Many thanks Pushead! Super appreciated

Post to Thread