late 80's "The Mirage Custom"

Updated
late 80's "The Mirage Custom"

I dug out my old ESP i bought from Craigs list in 1990and have yet to find a similar one come up since.  I bought this for $ 300 back then and it must be a special order since the shark fin inlays are rare on these with the ebony fret board.  The matching color headstock is also a bit unusual as the Mirage i see most had black head stock.  The neck is set and the ESP trem broke and i had it replaced with a floyd.  I also replaced the pickups with active EMG's and added the middle control knob for volume to SC.  The guitar is in 95% condition and plays really well.  VERY HEAVY.. as I am not sure but wonder if this is ASH or ALDER body?  Anyone ever find a specimen like this in the past?  Just curious as i am guessing it is an 87 or 88 model MIJ.  I will get more pics but its hiding behind my 62 reissue when i got it out of its case recently.  I will get some more pics shortly..

Erik M.
Freddy S. wrote:

I´ve got a lefthanded ESP Mirage 87, Fiesta Red. I think I bought it in 2004, a fantastic guitar. Heavy as hell! I think this is a extremely rare piece because it´s a lefty. I have never seen anyone else before...

Very nice! I have a similarly coloured righty Mirage Custom and I also reside in Sweden. I got it around 2005.

Post to Thread