Serial Number Check?

Updated
Fiutem F.

K1249304

Hello all; would someone please let me know if this serial number is legitimate?

Do all signature series have the ESP logo on the back of the headstock?    This one does not, and I feel like I got the deal of a lifetime on it.

It feels great, has the certificate of authenticity, came in what appeared to be original packaging, has the logo on the case, and appears to have come from a legitimate dealer.  Am I just being paranoid, or am I in good shape?

Thanks to all; Happy Holidays

Pushead

Based on the serial number and the logo, this guitar came from the 2000-2002 range. They're nice and solid guitars. I had an MH-301 from the same era. I ended up replacing almost all of the hardware with slightly better stuff, but the guitar was really nice. I had it for probably 10 years before selling it.

willem B.

Hello Pushead, 

I'm about to buy this EC1000, is it legit and what year is it?
Thanks in advance 
willem 

Pushead

It looks good to me. A 2019 model.

Af K.

Hello, I saw this Snapper for sale and was curious if it’s an actual ESP Snapper or a fake. They said it’s a 2011 model.

Pushead

Yes, it's a legit Custom Shop 2011 Snapper. No circle logo because it was made for the Japanese domestic market.

Cadaveric

Picked this up from Facebook marketplace. It's weird it doesn't start with a letter (factory initial). Maybe the Made in ____ Sticker was taken off. Looked it up on that ESP serial number checker website. Obviously it was made in 1999 but it says made in Japan. I've seen other similar models that have a dark/black lettering on the back of the headstock with Made in Korea near the serial number. This serial number is weird, goldish in color it may look dark in the photo but it is different.  Wanted to know opinions? thanks. 

Cadaveric

*esp 2000 catalog 

Pushead

It was made in Korea. That online serial number checker gets details wrong, but it usually can be counted on to get the year. But it tells everyone that their standard series guitars are custom shop.

John D.

Hello all, I need advice before decide to get this bass.

Is it legit?

From the first two numbers of SN, I guess it was made in 2008.. cmiiw

With that condition, is it still worth buying for $225?

Any comment is appreciated. Many thanks in advance..

Pushead

It's a legit 2008 B5-e. $225 seems pretty reasonable to me, but I don't know what the market is on them, right now.

John D.

You helped me a lot.. Do you know, how much did it cost when it was released?

Yihan W.

I'm very new in guitar world and I just found ESP as such a fascinating brand! From the range I can afford I located an E-II Horizon NT-2 in market. It would still cost me as much as $1600, but still much cheaper than a new one from the ESP agent. Is it legit?

Pushead

Yes, it looks good to me. A 2018 model.

Yihan W.

Thank you! The seller said it was manufactured in 2020 so I'm kind of confused, are the first 2 digits after 'ES' the manufactoring year or the digits last but 1? Is the pattern different for E-II series?

*Edit* I found another post you repiled, seems the latter format is what they are currently using. Thanks for that answer too!

Artemis S.

Good evening, we can find out if the guitar is genuine. real model ??? Thank you very much .

Artemis S.

Artemis S.

Artemis S.

Good evening, we can find out if the guitar is genuine. real model ??? Thank you very much .

Post to Thread