Serial Number Check?

Updated
Fiutem F.

K1249304

Hello all; would someone please let me know if this serial number is legitimate?

Do all signature series have the ESP logo on the back of the headstock?    This one does not, and I feel like I got the deal of a lifetime on it.

It feels great, has the certificate of authenticity, came in what appeared to be original packaging, has the logo on the case, and appears to have come from a legitimate dealer.  Am I just being paranoid, or am I in good shape?

Thanks to all; Happy Holidays

Brian McRee

I have a beautiful LTD H1001FM solid body. Serial number IW11923728 and was wondering the manufacturing date and how much it is worth? Made in Indonesia. Virtually unplayed. Mint condition!

Alex G.

Is it legit?

Mark F.

LTD's that are made in China aren't generally 'forgeries', as they are already made in China.

This one says that it is made in China, and it was.

You can always be sure that the LTD's that are made in China are Chinese LTD's.  

Marico S.

Hi can anybody help me identify is this EC1000 legit? Thanks

Marico S.

Pushead

Looks good to me. A 2012 model.

Marico S.
Pushead wrote:

Looks good to me. A 2012 model.

Thanks a lot push head here in my country we have loads of "stolen" Projects 

Pushead

I don't like confirming based on just one pic, but there's nothing here that concerns me. A 2007 model.

Pushead

From the photos, everything seems ok. It's hard to know without seeing the guitar up close. The extra hole in the body is somewhat sketchy looking. A previous owner must have wanted an extra control for something there, but didn't have the right tool for the job. That drill bit needs to be spinning at full speed before hitting the paint if you're hoping to keep it clean.

Sergio T.

Hi all, I want to buy a used 2008 KH-2 but found mixed information Online. Can someone help to tell it is 100% legit? Since it would be a really expensive guitar I dont wanna mess up.

thanks Sergio

Mark F.

Serial number checks out for Kiso factory against the CoA.

I have no reason to believe that this isn't a real Kiso KH-2.

You're probably in for about $5k on this.

Sergio T.

Thanks! Actually seller is asking for 2K so thats why I dont want to let it pass! I already lost one similar in auction for around 3K for not deciding in time!

Thanks.

Sergio

Pushead

It is a legit KH-2, but I disagree with Mark that it was made in the Kiso custom shop. The KH series guitars (especially the older models) have a K-XXXXX serial number. If it was a 2009 custom shop model, the serial number would be K09XXXXXX.

$2k USD seems a fair price for a SS KH-2.

Sergio T.

Great info! Thanks! Will ask for a discount to see if I can get the price a little bit down.

Thanks again,

Sergio

Mark F.

Ooops; misread the first number. 

Sorry about that. 

Sergio T.

Finally got it for 1800, feel good about the price! I had a LTD and always dreamt about an original ESP guitar. Thanks! 

Michele C.

Hi guys, 

I was looking at the used market and I stumbled upon this:

Does it look legit? Never owned an LTD or ESP, so honestly beside checking the web for the serial which looks to add up, I don't know what to do lol

Apparently: 

• Serial number: IW13073619
  • Production year: July 2013
    Production number: 3619
  • Made in Indonesia

Rough estimated value?

Thanks

Pushead

Can't give an estimated value unless we know what the model is. But yes, it's a 2013 model.

Balanyuk A.

Hello! I buy this one about ten years ago, can u tell me whats year of made? Its Esp ltd h-302 with gold mechanics, but all photos that i can find with black. is it legitimate? and also i found 03' catalog with this model and it says that there installed 5-w switch, but for some reason mine has 3-w (probably that's because someone changed pickups).
E076711 

even logo looks different but all specs the same (except neck, mine looks like mahogany instead of maple) and is not mentioned in the catalogs of later years

Ltd h-302

Post to Thread