Installing DiMarzio pickups on ESP LTD M50

Updated
Vasilios F.

Hello guys,

I  recently received two DiMarzio DP166 bridge pickups for my ESP LTD M-50 guitar as a gift and I wanted to install them but the factory pickups had only 2 wires the hot and the ground.These pickups have 5 wires (red,black,green,white and bare) and I followed the diagram included in the package without success.The official site is under maintenance for many days and I couldn't find any other diagram or further information.I also forgot to mention that my guitar has a standard 3-way (8 plug) switch and I don't use any phase switches and stuff like that.So with all that being said I wanted to ask you two things:1)Is it possible to wire two bridge pickups together and how do I have to solder them in order to get the best sound possible? 2) Does anybody have any other information that can help?

Pushead

On a DiMarzio, the red wire would replace the hot wire currently wired in to the system.

The white and black wires should be soldered together and taped off.

The green and the ground wire should be soldered together and would replace the ground wire currently wired into the system.

Good luck!

Vasilios F.

What do you mean "the red wire would replace the hot wire currently wired in to the system" ?There is a "hot" wire connected to the volume knob and the fourth plug of the switch,do you mean that I have to unsolder it permanently?My previous neck pickup had a black  wire which was soldered to the second plug on the right side  of the switch and a ground wire that was soldered on the top surface of the switch.My previous bridge pickup was soldered to the same plug on the left side of the switch,the ground plug the same place as the other and  this "hot" wire that I mentioned above is soldered to the fourth plug on the left side of the switch (never touched it).

Post to Thread