Edwards S-style guitar question

Updated
Voidoid56

Hi,

I looking to find out at least a ballpark date of manufacture for a used Edwards E-SE-93R i recently bought online in Japan. 
I'm aware that Edwards is essentially a domestic Japanese ESP brand and not normally handled by ESP USA, but so far, I've had no joy in contacting ESP Japan. So, I'm trying my luck here, hoping I'm not out of line... 

What stumps me is that this guitar seems to have a non-standard serial format. Pics of the same model found online shows a printed/silkscreened serial on the back of the headstock, beginning with ED and then the last two digits of years (so far I've only seen guitars from the mid-00's and later). This one has a five-digit stamped neck-plate serial, like a late 50's Fender. There is a handwritten four-digit number on the neck heel. Furthermore, it came with a printed sticker in thin plastic on the back of the headstock, with the model number and basic specs in English. I have no idea whatsoever what that's about. There's no serial under it, I've checked. The pickups (2 x SSL-1, 1 x SSL-3) have labels with what looks like serials or some other code on them, but so far, I haven't been able to figure out the meaning. The bridge saddles are stamped ESP. 
Any info would be very much appreciated.

thanks in advance,

/Hans A
Sweden 

PS I'd say the colour is Seafoam Green, as in the pic with the neck plate. For some reason the top shots came out much more blue than the guitar really.is.

ESP Guitars

Hello, sorry to say but since we do not distribute Edwards instruments in the United States we do not have any information available on these products

Voidoid56

Ok, thanks, I understand.

Would it be possible for you to provide me with an email adress to someone at ESP Japan that might help me? I’ve tried using the support form on their Japanese-language website, but Google translation messes the process up and the form won’t accept my input into some of the required fields. I would be very grateful indeed.

Post to Thread