Ltd deluxe

Updated
Jody S.

I purchased a ec1001fr recently and was surprised when I saw it was made in Indonesia. Every deluxe I've owned in the past were made in Korea. Even the picture at the online retailer I bought it from had korea on the back of the headstock. Can you please confirm which ltd deluxe models are now made in Indonesia? I'm going to send it back and probably get a gh600 with a floyd. I'd hate to get another indo guitar and have to go through the trouble of sending it back. Also, could you point me in the right direction about other guitars? I'm looking for a eclipse body, floyd rose, and no abalone. Any other options besides the gh600? I'm even willing to get a eii if needed. Thanks. 

dubster82

Was it a bad guitar?

Jody S.

Yes, big gash in the neck binding, fretboard looks to be dyed, and fret buzz. Fretboard still real light in color and my fingers are coming off blackish for the first 2 weeks. I talked to zzounds and he almost didn't believe it was a deluxe version bc he'd never heard of one being made in Indonesia. 

Kutalia

Today I was so disappointed to see (yes, on Sweetwater pictures seem to be true) they moved the production of some models to Indonesia. Life's getting expensive and Koreans demand more, that's why.  Here's the answer by ESP employee.

The question should be asked: are there any affordable LTD guitars still made in Korea? I was thinking of buying EC-1000 VB, or the new EC Black Metal, but as both are made in Indonesia I am not sure if it will be an upgrade worth the money from my current guitar.

Post to Thread