E-II serial number verification

Updated
Braden M.

Looking to my first E-II, second hand. I will have to travel quite a ways to pick it up so I want to make sure this thing is legit.

The serial number mostly checks out except for the last bit. It has a 2015-present style number. But it looks like it could be a 2014? The serial code checker I used says es= e-ii. Follow by a 4 digit build number. Then 2 digits for year and 1 digit for model.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

JESSE G.

Can someone help. This is my EII Eclipse. It has the correct ES, then a 4 digit number, year (20) but then 9. Everything I read says the last digit should be 1, 2, or 3. Any help?

JESSE G.

JESSE G.

Any help appreciated! 

Pushead

Jesse, yours is a 2014 model. Braden, yours is a 2015 model.

Jay Terrell

Can you help me my Eclipse SN is ES3931163. What year is it? 

Connell O.

According to every source I’ve read, all post 2016 ES or ES ii guitars’ serial numbers consist of E or ES, denoting the brand, followed by seven numbers; The first four being the production or internal numbers, followed by two numbers signifying the last two digits of the production year, and the last being the factory code, making mine an ES-II, manufactured in 2017 and Brandon’s a back to the future edition or just a future edition, lol. This, I cannot explain. Although ESP is notorious for not getting their serial numbers straightened out until I believe 2016, so that presents another curiosity that I cannot explain. Wish I could be of more help

Paul L.

Hi .. Was hoping you could confirm the legitimacy of this Eclipse 7 string before I take the plunge and buy it second hand.

Does this bad boy look like the real-deal? 
Cheers, Paul.

Connell O.

Looks legit to me, man. I have a legitimate ESP-II Japanese Viper , 2017, and the markings are very similar. The only difference really is that yours has better tuners than mine - mine are not locking Gotoh - always a tuner you want to see on an ESP, unless manufactured by ESP themselves. Everything about the serial number looks legit

Joseph W.

Is this one real?

Connell O.

That one I cannot figure out because according to the serial number, it was built and either 1931 or 2031, take your pic, lol. I could be missing something, but my guess is that it may be fake and that’s why the first two numbers would work as the last two digits of a build year. I hope I’m wrong. I would do some innocuous quality checks like taking a heated needle and checking the nut to make sure it’s bone and not plastic unless you can tell by looking at it. Same with the binding in areas that the binding is supposed to be something organic and not plastic, but to the best of my knowledge, all of the binding is plastic on legitimate models, so make sure of that first. Look under the pickups for serial numbers and while you’re at it, make sure that the EMG stickers on the back of those gold beauties our holographic and not just white with black print although I’ve never seen bootlegged gold EMG pick ups with the logo laser etched into them. That would be a hell of an advancement. Best of luck!

Joseph W.

Post to Thread