ESP FRX E-II vs 401

Updated
Blake J.

Heyyyy guys. I am looking at the esp frx 401 and e-II guitars and was wondering if there is anything dramatic that would make the jump from $800 to $2000 worth it. I like the snow white and they look the exact same. If anyone has any experience with these guitars please let me know. Honestly I just want to know if the higher end guitar has a better tone or if the 800 guitar would satisfy.

Robbie S.

That depends on if you want a floyd rose that badly or prefer emg 89 pickups over the 81/60 set and the e-ii frx has an ebony fretboard while the ltd frx has a rosewood fretboard.

Alperen G.

Hey man,

I believe there is a huge difference. The body of the E-II is alder, it has an ebony fretboard etc. But most importantly it is made in Japan. You feel the quality when you touch the guitar, and it is really fun to play with. The 401 is not a bad guitar, either, but you do not get the same feeling when you play it.

For the pricings, I would watch Amazon. In fact, you can get the E-II SW for about 1300$, and I'd say that guitar is worth the extra 500.

Post to Thread