Kudos to the old members.

Updated
Kudos to the old members.

Chilling having a bottle of wine, watching some Metallica vids and gearing up for the European tour dates I have tickets for, and it got me thinking…. ESP Forum, the old days.  

 

So I took a quick browse.

 

Kudos to the old members for sticking with the site after "The change."  From having a quick browse, ye are still the backbone of the community, so just wanted to give respect where respect is due.  

Powerslave

This place is still around?!

why this website gives the error when we try to post a link

ESPimperium

Hi there old place.

I have departed this place for quite a while, one or two posts a year. Departed the ESP family a fair few years ago as i let my EC-1000VHB go as i found another more expensive habit, PRS guitars. I got a Tremonti, Studio 22, S2 Vela, SE Mushok (Longest i have ever kept a guitar) and my Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, as well as my Fender Tele and a Ibanez 7 string. Also have kept my Spector Q4 Pro and now have a Fender Jazz V Partsocaster as well. Kept my Bogner 112, been through a couple of heads but settled on my present pairing of a 6505MH and finally the Mesa Ive always wanted in a Mark V 25W. As for pedals, my rack build is gone and i now have a massive MFer of a pedalboard. Heres some recent and a couple old pics:

 

Oh, and yeah, i finally changed that 1960s carpet for something a bit more modern.

Still into metal, but Im a Country Bumpkin as well these days, as ive seen everyone from Taylor Swift to Carrie Underwood to Keith Urban and many others, and do at least one metal or country gig a month when i can. Im on twitter more than anything: https://twitter.com/NowJustAndrew

Heres to the stories of all the other old members.

Trendkill

I hope Lando has worked his way into your heart! 

Trendkill
Metlupass2 wrote:

Holy shit I still have my bouncing boobie avatar with Christmas hats we all used to add around the holidays! 

Dude you do not know how much I missed that avatar!  

 

Was it you that had the candy green apple reinvigorated ESP Exp?  How's that hottie keeping? 

Trendkill

Is the ESP guy with the Pedal range and comic book line still around?  Bought one of his pedals years ago when it came out.  Shit, going to have to go and look at the name on the pedal - Lexi?  Eternal Descent or something?   Digitech Lyra pedal thing.  Kickass pedal though.  

metalhobo

Llexi Leon is currently the official artist for Iron Maiden. that's what strange told me a few months back

Trendkill

Was it you or the other dude with the Candy apple EXP, or were you the other guy that was a legit Licensed ESP musician?  10 years ago is a long time to try and remember!  Especially since all our history was nuked xD  

 

Just remember Pus lives on a Golf Course    and ESP348 probably still has like 100K worth of guitars under his kids' beds, and that Ferrari gathering dust in the garage!  

 

Mihnea still about? 

 

 

ESP 348
Trendkill wrote:

Was it you or the other dude with the Candy apple EXP, or were you the other guy that was a legit Licensed ESP musician?  10 years ago is a long time to try and remember!  Especially since all our history was nuked xD  

 

Just remember Pus lives on a Golf Course    and ESP348 probably still has like 100K worth of guitars under his kids' beds, and that Ferrari gathering dust in the garage!  

 

Mihnea still about? 

 

 

 

Hey, you're right! $100K+ worth of guitars under my kids bed and I've driven the Ferrari twice in 12 months lol.

Pushead

I think it was Gfunk that lives on a golf course. I live on a random street in suburbia, NEOH.

Mesa Sean

ahh the good old days. Just checking in. I used to be Sean106OCD "Pro Paint Job"

 

How is everyone. I am back on the prowl looking for JH's but everyone is all old like me and no one is selling! haha

Anyway I am Mesa Sean on YouTube. No more guitar videos; YouTube is my full time job now.

Trendkill

Kinda cool to catch up with people.  Not many of us have FB these days.

 

 

 

That Italian guy still around?   Or has he retired on the profits from selling MX's?  

 

 

Or the Leftfield guy?  @EmGGuy80, where did your stalking last put him?   

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Trendkill

"Mesa Sean" 

 

 

Like none of us would have guessed  

 

Many nice purchases lately? 

emg3254
Mesa Sean wrote:

ahh the good old days. Just checking in. I used to be Sean106OCD "Pro Paint Job"

 

How is everyone. I am back on the prowl looking for JH's but everyone is all old like me and no one is selling! haha

Anyway I am Mesa Sean on YouTube. No more guitar videos; YouTube is my full time job now.

I've came back in the last year or so, even though it's not the fast paced forum it use to be.  Not sure why it was changed to begin with?  It use to be the best IMO.

I was emg32 back then.  Remember many great discussions Sean and other older members!  Great times!

Road King

The forum, like everything else in the world, had to change to become a safe space for snowflakes. No more shenanigans or flaming noobs. Luckily, there are other forums where I can be appreciated for my stylish and classy arguments.

Mesa Sean

Yeah good times indeed.

 

I think the fact that it's not so active anymore is we all got older and well.... the climate of music changed dramatically in the last 10 years. Rock, metal etc. is not nearly as popular as it once was. I mean it still is in the right circles if you follow that style of music.

 

I remember Ansley (GuitarSlingerAns) getting made at me all the time for using the term "Screamo" lol What ever happened to him. I think he blocked me on Facebook   

Explorer92
Mesa Sean wrote:

Yeah good times indeed.

 

I think the fact that it's not so active anymore is we all got older and well.... the climate of music changed dramatically in the last 10 years. Rock, metal etc. is not nearly as popular as it once was. I mean it still is in the right circles if you follow that style of music.

 

I remember Ansley (GuitarSlingerAns) getting made at me all the time for using the term "Screamo" lol What ever happened to him. I think he blocked me on Facebook   

 

Ans is doing good. We talked a bit a couple of months ago about his KL's and stuff. He sold all of his Metal guitars and isn't planning on getting back into them. He has a couple of nice vintage acoustics now, and a custom tele. (and maybe a Les Paul, I forgot).

He's quite heavy into cars now.

emg3254
Road King wrote:

The forum, like everything else in the world, had to change to become a safe space for snowflakes. No more shenanigans or flaming noobs. Luckily, there are other forums where I can be appreciated for my stylish and classy arguments.

Yeah, ESP pretty much killed the forum and with it a ton of hype and lost sales on ESP guitars that came from that move.  The hype and banter created in the old forum sold alot of ESP and Ltd. guitars IMO.

Explorer92

I used to be around on the old forums as Explorer11. The good old days. Good to see many of the old guard is still around.

ESP 348

I forgot about "Leftfield" lol. Hope he is doing well.

 

yearofthespider2k3

I was here a long time ago when a lot of those guys on the list were here.  Was a busy place then... when the forum changed the place really seemed to die.  I just stayed after I found a guy selling his old MC-600 Cavalera Viper and snagged it.  First time I bought a guitar online.... Still have that little bastard of a guitar.

guitargirlemg81

Does anyone know if Acefox ever finished the transition or he just stayed a cute ladyboy?

Road King
guitargirlemg81 wrote:

Does anyone know if Acefox ever finished the transition or he just stayed a cute ladyboy?

 

You tell us, Acefox. Maybe you grew up to be the angry bagel boss guy?

Mesa Sean
guitargirlemg81 wrote:

Does anyone know if Acefox ever finished the transition or he just stayed a cute ladyboy?

hahahha holy shit I forgot about that dude.

 

Remember the Mike Hastings incident? That was a funny one.

Post to Thread