ESP MX-250 and Edwards ex differences?

Updated
venndi k.

Hello Volk!

Have somebody compared the MX250 and the Edwards Ex guitars? I know that the ESP is better quality and have ebony fingerboard, I mean Is there a difference in shape, body, neck, headstock, or these two are exactly the same?

Thanks in advance!

jt76

I am far from being an expert on exps.  

Edward's are very nice, but not even close to ESP. However unless you have played the esp the Edward's will probably not disappoint you.

Shape wise there are 2 shapes.  50s style rounded lower bout and 70s style pointed lower bout.

For both brandsThis will vary by model.

Edward's makes replica gibsons and a version on the esp explorers.

Some will be tenion set neck gib style, some will be esp set neck / neck thru, some will be bolt on.

Specs will be all over the place by model.

You need to find the Edward's that is a copy of the mx 250 and it will have the closest specs.

May be able to offer more insight if you post the Edward's model you are looking at.

Vazman2

I've had both, still have my edwards. They are the exact same in terms of shape and design. The necks were close if I remember. The Edwards is much lighter. I believe the MXs are all wired VOL/VOL and no tone, the Edwards are VOL/Tone. They feel very similar, though the MX was far superior. If you're looking for an MX body, the edwards is a great guitar.

Tondog

Absolutely the same shapes. Way different specs and finish quality.

venndi k.

I thought to buy a copy of MX-250, from a local luthier, it looks very good, he said that is 1:1 copy of MX-250, he owned one, and so had he make a copy. But, it must be painted, and its cost 1000 euro (which is just too much for a copy). Then I would make a cutsom inlays, like men to wolf...but as I said, 1000 euro for a copy without finish is more than I would pay, doesn't matter how good is a guitar. Maybe would be better to buying an edwards, and that just repainting. For me 3000-4000 euro is just too much for one guitar. But maybe one time, I just want that feel what would give the MX-250, since I have read so much about them. Buying then resell it after a couple months of playing .

Thanks for the answers!

Post to Thread