Metallica Collectors....

Updated
Metallica Collectors....

Not entirely content consistent, but the band in question occupies a fair bit of bandwidth here and so you all might be "in the know" about those who horde the old collectibles. I stopped collecting Metallica vinyl, CD's, posters, promos, etc. in about 1991 when the Black Album came out. It was blasphemy as a Metallica album at that time for us fans that first heard them when Ride the Lightning came out, and I was positive that they would drive all their die hard fans away. Those of us who worshipped at the altar of Hetfield had to shutter the windows and listen with headphones to the Black Album for fear of having the true Metal Militia come and kick our asses. It turned out OK for them for sure, but I still have fellow metal fans my age question my sexuality for still liking them. Meh....it is what it is.

The real point here is that when I stopped collecting, I lost all my pen pals in Australia and Japan that would find me items, and I would send them US copies of stuff. I had my Japanese contact send me the Pushead drawn "Mt. Fuji" 1989 tour promo poster from Sony that I have treasured ever since. What I DIDN'T catch at that time was the other poster. There were 2 issued. "Mt. Fuji" and "Spider" were the two and I never ran across the Spider one anywhere in Asia. It's a LOOOONNNNGGG shot but does anyone still have one in good shape for sale, or know of anyone who does? Here is a pic of the spider one.....

Post to Thread