Need Some Advice

Need Some Advice

Updated
I am currently playing thru a Line6 1/2 stack and as much as I like it, it really has no tone like tube heads (naturally). Can anyone recommend a good tube preamp? I am looking into a tube head but if I can warm up the sound...
MORE »
garyjfoster

Epiphone explorer 84 reissue

Updated
what are your thoughts?...does anyone own one or has played one...limited edition sam ash exclusive...
MORE »
Yetti1

Wireless!

Updated
hey Anyone got any good suggestions on dependable Wireless systems for Guitar? Im looking to spend between 3-600, i want to be dependable, last long, have no worries of it doing any Tone Sucking. And if possible for my...
MORE »
6Metal6Head6

Guitar cabinet with no head?

Updated
Is there a way to use/power a cabinet without an amp head (preferably affordable) I been trying to look into info about pre amp's and power amps but it seem's like it costs way more to go that route is there any alternatives...
MORE »
jboy500

tiny terror vs. lion heart or low wattage amp

Updated
I wanted some opinions on lower wattage amps like the lionheart and tiny terror. i play rock/blues/alternative and won't get any heavier than a randy rhoads or early metallica tone once and a while. i'm not set on those...
MORE »
MasterOfPuppies

Metallica AJFA distortion sound

Updated
hello ppl :) i know there were used a combiation of mesa boogie preamps and amps - ada, ada mp1 preamp and so on but... wanting to get it now with a pedal which distortion pedal shoud you suggest to buy in order to...
MORE »
Kranked4Christ#33

TRS 101 Tremolos- ok or fail?

Updated
I have seen some guitars online with the TRS 101 tremolo on them as sold also by guitar parts depot for $115. This costs more than a FR special or a Licensed Floyd, but that doesn't mean it is better! I have no experience...
MORE »
Moje

Suggestions and opinions please

Updated
New to the forum so Hi everyone! :) I own an ESP SV Standard and a Les Paul Standard 2008 (limited special edition brimstone finish:D) I'm playing mostly metal. And I'm looking for something with a nice metal tone. But I...
MORE »
MiserySignals

Wires and X2 wireless problem

Updated
Yesterday I bought a Planet waves 1/8" male to 1/4" female adapter cable and a 1/4" to 1/4" male cable. When I plug this all together I get a horrible scratching noise when I turn the volume pot on my guitar. And all of this...
MORE »
Mark K.

Trying to figure out when my Sennheiser MD421-N was made

Updated
So I have this really old sennheiser MD421-N. It's black with a gold grille... it says MD421-N at the serial numer plate and it has the 5 way bass roll off. It also has a Din input, not an XLR! So I did a bit of research and...
MORE »
cicada71

New amp maybe ?

Updated
Hi guys looking at upgrading my amp to maybe a tube amp have got a few options would like some opinions on maybe which would be the best option for me out these few I've seen on ebay second hand. Peavey 5150 mk1...
MORE »
BlowitUp

1996 Mesa Dual Rec & 1960 AX

Updated
I've had my rig for a long time now, 6 years or so? It's a 1996 Dual Rec and a 1960ax cab (which has greenbacks which are 25watts each). I run it at 16 Ohm, for live shows where its mic'd through a PA, ITS GREAT... However,...
MORE »
BlowitUp

In Ear Monitors

Updated
I searched through the threads and didn't see anything posted about them... I need to buy some, wondering whether its worth it to go top of the line vs. mid-level... Any recommendations?...
MORE »
musicaldeath

Tube amp combo

Updated
Im looking to get a good tube amp combo for recording purposes at home. I dont really play in a band so I dont need something with a 100w output, probably only around 45w. Are there some combos out there that sound good at...
MORE »
atmosphere0284

mesa heads...

Updated
as far as versatility goes which mesa head would be a good choice...im new to guitars, and to amps but i want to be able to learn how to dial in sound/tone....on the flip side i listen to a whole shit load of music and im not...
MORE »