blistered earth

NCD 2x12 content

Updated
just got an old one of these 2x12 traynors for 85 bucks its like a 200 watt cab loud as hell in real life its bigger an louder than the old 4x12 it replaced 2267...
MORE »
brandono61cr

different strings

Updated
i have been using DR 10's for a while now but i would like to try a set of different strings . i dig the sound and feel of DR's , but change is good !;) what do you guys use ? slinky S.I.T blue steel...
MORE »
yearofthespider2k3

p90 question

Updated
I haven't ever played p90s and I am curious about them. What kind of sound do they have? Is it in between humbuckers and single coils? How do they work with high gain thrashy fast styles? I know they make some that aren't...
MORE »
Metahead

amp failure

Updated
my amp is acting up. It's a Carvin SX200 ive had for the past 3 years, never had any problems. heres the problem. I had played with it at my church a few days ago, brought it home, it was just sitting in my room for a few...
MORE »
Peavey Vypyr series.......thoughts?

Peavey Vypyr series.......thoughts?

Updated
Just looking for thoughts, comments or reviews on this Peavey series. Thinking about getting the head or the 2x12 combo....
MORE »
hpr

Amp hunting for apartment

Updated
Hi. Since last summer when I killed my godawful Laney TF200 with fire (well, not really, just gave it away) I haven't had an amp. I've spent most my free time with my son and haven't really played a lot. But then everything...
MORE »
Newfs

Suggestions for Recto re-tubing

Updated
I just picked up a used rectoverb. One of the 6L6s are starting to go. Can anyone give me suggestions? A local dealer is recommending TADs and Electro-Harmonics. Ive tried reading up on TADs but can find any real...
MORE »
morphius1

Spec me a reasonably priced all tube head and 2x12 cab

Updated
not sure if there are any similar threads to this but anyway, My vk212 is pretty much dead so I'm thinking about getting it repaired then selling it. I've been looking around at some stuff but I'd like some of your opinions...
MORE »
SGCustom

Really cool cheap SS heads.

Updated
This is for a friend. Currently he has a Marshall DSL head and a 1960a cab and is looking for a cheap backup head to bring to shows and practices so he doesn't have to worry about having his DSL stolen (again) and replacing...
MORE »
Dist_Coldbeer

What bout old DOD individual pedals olders & newers?

Updated
They are old, for what i hear are most cheap, Boss or DODs? but what about its sound quality? I hear ppl saying they still are great pedals....
MORE »
Put

5150 help

Updated
Hey guys, I have a problem with my 5150, when I turn op the post gain it is as if you only turn up the high and presence. Besides, I can comfortably put it on 5 + volume....in tha bedroom. That aint right. So I...
MORE »
Tfr123

Stock Pickups

Updated
is there anywhere that i can buy esp stock pickups from? I am making mmy own guitar and i want pickups that arent to expensive and i like the ssound of esp pickups...
MORE »
Nagash

Looking for a Delay pedal

Updated
I'm looking for a good delay pedal, for let's say in US prices, something below $250 (I live in Europe so I'll pay something different, but let's use US prices as a reference). I need a true bypass pedal (which basically...
MORE »
dissonance

Apartment amp suggestions

Updated
So I've got a half stack and live in an apartment and I'd like to get something with a headphone out. I'm not too concerned about tone but require that it has enough gain for metal (I currently have 0 pedals). It can be a...
MORE »
Newfs

Looking at getting a used Mesa Recto-verb 1x12

Updated
I guy is selling his 6 year old Rectoverb combo for $1200 CAD. I went over and tried it last night and the amp is mint, sounds perfect and everything appears to work well. Is this a fair price for the amp? I check all...
MORE »