DUKE

Attenuators 101...please help!

Updated
Can anyone school me on attenuators? I've never used one before, but I'm considering looking into getting one so I can get a good cranked-up sound within reasonably low volumes. The most common one I've seen is the THD Hot...
MORE »
davidrf

LTD EC 1000: SD Alnico vs. SD JB/'59

Updated
Hi everyone! I'm about to buy a brand new LTD EC 1000, but I have this doubt: the finish I'd like to get is Goldtop, but it has Alnico humbuckers. For what I want to play (rock/hard rock/a bit of not too heavy Metal),...
MORE »
ammar

Changing speakers in a 2x12!

Updated
Hey guys, I am about to get a 2x12 cab. It is mono/stereo switchable using the input jack(s). The speakers are wired to each input jack and the jacks are connected to some sort of green circuit board. I assume that the...
MORE »
Question about Ohms...

Question about Ohms...

Updated
I have a KUSTOM GROOVE 1200HD which puts out: 1200 Watts @ 2 Ohms 800 Watts @ 4 Ohms 500 Watts @ 8 Ohms My cabinet is a KUSTOM GROOVE G410H which can handle: 1000 Watts power handling 8 Ohms Impedance Now I...
MORE »
Justinschut

2 Questions: Onespot adapter and solo boost

Updated
Ok 2 questions, one is about the Onespot adapter: I have one and liked it, but then I tried to put it in a socket with protective plastic or whatever in it and the pins pretty much went into the adapter. They still stick...
MORE »
Touring Bass Rig

Touring Bass Rig

Updated
This is the bass rig I use during shows. I still have 4 rack spaces available so send your ideas my way: Kustom Groove 1200HD DBX 215s Dual EQ Behringer BTR2000 Rack Tuner Furman PL-PLUS Power Conditioner and Light...
MORE »
distortionman

power amp problems

Updated
Hello I am currently putting together a rack and I have trouble finding a power amplifier so I thought of using a PA power amp insteed and I have some questions The amplifier I have chosen is a Samson Servo 200 1...
MORE »
Tfr123

Emg solderless help

Updated
I recently ordered a new ESP ltd mv200. When I received it, it had an emg 81 solderless and a fender single coil that was passive. How can you mix passive and active pickups without the sound being messed up and how can you...
MORE »
Robotsatemygrandma

Fuzz my wah pedal in a pup? Oh my!

Updated
What's up guys, been a long ass time... I'm in a pickle, need multiple answers NAOW! :lol Fuzz pedals!? What's a good fuzz pedal with note clarity and sustain... maybe on the darker side of the tone spectrum? I...
MORE »
cecilbag

New Amp Day, new to me anyways

Updated
Hey guys I just got a Splawn Quick Rod and Splawn snakeskin cab of another forum member. Big thanks to metlupass2 for the good deal and transaction. I also picked up his evh flanger and 10 band eq. I've only played it an hour...
MORE »
garyjfoster

Boss hm-2

Updated
Does anyone use or own one of these pedals? Do you like it or don't like it?...
MORE »
Newfs

Recording my Amp - Help!

Updated
I wanted to start making recording some clips from my Rectoverb to my PC. Going to a local shop the owner recommended I go from Speaker level to a DI box (ART Zdirect) to a XLR-to-3.5mm converter. I would be looking at...
MORE »
unforgiven

just picked up a marshall avt cab

Updated
got it for $200 like brand new...
MORE »
unforgiven

marshall avt cab

Updated
a friend of mine is selling his avt cab. told me i could have it for $200. is this a decent cab? i have a pod xt live and plan on getting a rocktron velocity 100 power amp....
MORE »
Any of you guys have experience with a Mesa Tremoverb?

Any of you guys have experience with a Mesa Tremoverb?

Updated
So I'm thinking about pickup up a Tremoverb. I've had two and three channel Dual Rectos and had a Roadster, but I was wondering what the general consensus on the Tremoverb's clean channel is? I never really used all of the...
MORE »