Metalica tone with boss metal zone or EMGs?

Metalica tone with boss metal zone or EMGs?

Updated
Hi,   i have a Mesa boogie triple rectifier and 2 metal zone pedals running into it, but I don't have any guitars with EMGs. Would it be better to get Metallica tone by replacing my guitars with EMGS or buying 1 more metal...
MORE »
Low volume amps

Low volume amps

Updated
I live in a apartment and can't have big amps. I used to have a little fender 8 inch speaker combo that had perfect volume, but lacked features. I was thinking about running a line 6 pod hd x into a rocktron 100 power amp and...
MORE »
waitin4winter

TC Electronic Polytune Problem

Updated
The TC Electronic Polytune seems to be one of the most highly regarded tuners today, which really puzzles me. I bought one right about the time they first came out, and this is the issue I had: the 6-strings-at-once mode...
MORE »
The Pick-Up Question

The Pick-Up Question

Updated
So I went to the guitar shop and needed work on my guitar.  While I was there I was thinking of upgrading the pick-ups.  So I said EMG and I was basicallly laughed at.  I know there are tons of Seymour guys out there and they...
MORE »
Old Faithful

Old Faithful

Updated
What ESP can you not live without? ESP or LTD ...
MORE »
RevShredder

Tube amp help...

Updated
Hey dudes, I just picked up a Crate V33 head (for cheap!), it has had the resistor error corrected, re-tubed and biased. It runs into a 1983 4X12 Crate cab with Celestion GM70s I think. My question is, at volume is kicks some...
MORE »
Orange Cabinet used prices

Orange Cabinet used prices

Updated
I'm going to have a look at an Orange cab tomorrow PPC412 to be exact in black. The guy is asking $800 for it and according to him it's mint and he bought it six months ago new. Is this a reasonable price? I'm thinking...
MORE »
TonyFlyingSquirrel

Wah/Crybaby Shootout.

Updated
Did a search, only found a few one on one comparisons, thought I'd make a poll for tangible numbers. Cast your votes for favorite selection, & feel free post why you picked one over any/all others....
MORE »
Which strings for...

Which strings for...

Updated
Hi all, I have an LTC EC-2005 (30 years anniversary) and an LTD H-1000 Deluxe, both with EMG81 pickups. On my EX-2005, I have 10-13-15-26-36-46 strings, and it is tuned in a half step down (Eb-Ab-Db-Gb-Bb-Eb) and I feel that...
MORE »
Wah Pedals

Wah Pedals

Updated
Hi everyone. Been looking at getting a wah pedal recently and really spoilt for choice! The standard Dunlop Cry Baby looks like a good choice because it's popular and quite cheap. I've also seen the Cry Baby from Hell whihc...
MORE »
Modeling Amplifiers

Modeling Amplifiers

Updated
I just bought my new Peavey Vypyr 1 100W modeling amp with a Sanpera 1 foot pedal... it works really nice, altough I have a few problems with its software and sound. Maybe we could discuss these and many other things related...
MORE »
Matt P.

New Amp?

Updated
Hey guys I am looking to get a new amp that I can use for my new band. I have had a few smaller amps and a line 6 half stack. I prefer tube amps but may consider a modeling amp of some kind. I would prefer not to spend a ton...
MORE »
asbloodrunsblack

is my amp awful ?

Updated
I've got a marshall VS100 combo , i dont really know much about marshalls . I've been struggling to get a really good metal tone out of it :confused: , i use my FB200 with EMG 81/60 or my jackson COW 6 string with a 81 , boss...
MORE »
WretchedESP86

Randall MTS

Updated
Has anyone played one of these amps where they have different modules to make it sound like other amps. If you ask me this idea seems kinda silly but I'm just wondering if anyone has played one, and what do you think of it?...
MORE »
Decimator G-string vs Rocktron Guitar Silencer?

Decimator G-string vs Rocktron Guitar Silencer?

Updated
They are both true bypass and has the in front + fx loop option. Is the Decimator really worth more than double the price?...
MORE »