Hardcase Lock doesn't work

Updated
Hardcase Lock doesn't work

So I got a guitar and noticed the lock on the case doesn't do anything. I have the 2 keys but the lock does absolutely nothing when turning the key. There's no part moving inside that makes it click or lock into the top part.

Are these meant to be dud fake locks or what? 

metalhobo

with the latch closed and the key inserted, turn the key counter-clockwise. when the key gets close to a full 360 degree rotation, you'll feel it stop. keep turning. a bit of force is involved. as it continues to turn to the full 360 it will click into place and you can remove the key, with the latch locked.

Wildchild Inc.

I tried that. But there is nothing the key is turning to lock anything. It's turning the little gold barrel but there's nothing on the barrel exterior that latches anything. Also on the top part of the case the other part of the lock its comletely hollow. I don't know if I can post a video or pictures here I'm not sure how to do that. 

Wildchild Inc.

Wildchild Inc.

Pushead

The only person a case lock keeps out is you. If someone stole the guitar, they wouldn't be stopped by that lock. They did you a favor by not having the mechanism there.

Post to Thread