First Looper Advice for $150-$200

Updated
First Looper Advice for $150-$200

I'm looking to get my first looper pedal but I'm having trouble deciding from a few options. My budget is $150 but if you can convince me, I would consider going up to $200. I mention this because you probably know about a great looper I've never heard of that might be slightly out of my budget. Currently I'm looking at the Boss RC-1, Boss RC-3, TC Electronic Ditto, TC Electronic Ditto X2, and the TC Electronic Ditto+. I don't know much about looper pedals so I'm struggling to differentiate between the TC Electronic pedals. If it fits my budget I'd like the ability to add multiple loops (layers?) together. The Boss and TC Electronic loopers seem to be some of the most common and popular but I'm open to other suggestions. Thanks.

metalhobo

1. why do you want a looper?

2. what features are you looking for?

3. are you going to use this looper for studio use? stage use? and/or home use?

If you're not sure what to look for, the basic Ditto is a great starting point. I have one and I've been very happy with it. you can lay down as many dubs (layers) ad you'd like.

try to take an hour to watch some demo vids from the ones you've mentioned to get a better feel for the feature set and which will meet your needs. the ones you've mentioned are all high quality pedals. if I could add another to the mix, it would be the MXR clone looper. I've never tried it but I've always wanted to check it out.

Steven Mal

Sorry for the late reply. I've been thinking about your questions and I honestly don't know how to answer them.

1. why do you want a looper?

I don't understand the question; I want a looper to loop a harmony that I can play over. What else are they for?

2. what features are you looking for?

I have no idea. I don't know what features are available on a looper, in addition to looping.

3. are you going to use this looper for studio use? stage use? and/or home use?

Home use/practice

I will definitely watch some looper videos to try to narrow down my selections. I've been reading reviews on various websites too. Thank you, and again, sorry for the late reply.

Sarah B.

Love BOSS Pedals ! Very solid and amazing sounds !!

Ganriett G.

I'm also choosing a new electric guitar pedal. I usually don’t read reviews on the Internet of other users, but since I first decided to order musical equipment via the Internet, I decided to find a lot of info about the best cheap reverb pedal. I found some really well-written articles on the internet at specialized sites about guitars and their gear. This helped me understand what to look for when you want to buy inexpensive but high-quality equipment.

Hassie M.

Try Boss RC-1. It is simple and the best. 

Post to Thread