Guitar neck help

Updated
cavedxman

hey all,
i have a LTD h-50 that is really old and i wanna work on it and make like a fun custom guitar out of it. First id like to change the neck but i have a question.
The LTD H-50 Specs are:

• Bolt-on neck
  • Scale: 25-1/2"
  • Agathis body
  • Neck/Fretboard: Maple/rosewood
  • Inlays: Dots w/model name at 12th Fret
  • Pickups: ESP LH-100 set
  • Electronics: Volume, tone, 3-way toggle
  • Hardware: Black
  • Bridge: Tune-o-matic w/stop tailpiece
  • Binding: None
  • Frets: 22 XJ

There is a LTD MH-50 neck for sale on ebay that i was checking out and thought would be cool to add but i am not sure if this could work. 

My question is, can i put a 24 fret neck on a 22 fret body with the same scale length?

any suggestions? 

Pushead

There are a lot of variables that will affect whether or not it will work. The biggest, where the heal of the neck is on the current guitar vs where the heal of the new neck is. In the end, the nut needs to be 25.5" away from the bridge saddles. I would say the only way you could know for sure is to have the new neck in your possession.

I'm not sure I'd bother, myself.

Felix K.

I found a lot of information on this topic.

Marcus B.

i think there will be many specs that will be affected when you turn it into a custom guitar. You will have to consider checking the parameters again when placing a 24-fret neck on a 22-fret body with the same neck length. free games

Khan k.

Maintain your guitar neck by regular cleaning and conditioning with appropriate products. Adjust the truss rod cautiously to correct neck curvature ampler axel. Ensure proper humidity levels (around 45-55%) to prevent warping. If in doubt, seek guidance from a professional guitar technician for adjustments or repairs to preserve the neck's integrity and playability.

ora b.

It's also fun to build with an old instrument moto x3m

Post to Thread