• Sephiroth

EMG ES-918 External Power Supply

Does anybody have any experience with the EMG ES-918 external power supply? 

I'm debating at looking at a solution like this rather than having to put batteries in my guitars.

http://www.emgpickups.com/es-918.html

• Pushead

I think Road King uses one. I'm not sure of the problem it's solving, though.

• Sephiroth

Well I think just laziness on my part.

• Pushead

You can buy a lot of 9V batteries for $130.

• Sephiroth

Agreed. Literally me just being lazy.

I will have 17 (12 at the moment ) guitars with active pickups.  I've removed all the old batteries out of them and only have replaced in one guitar.

Just need to go buy a bunch of batteries and install them. 

Quite liked the idea of just dealing with one box rather than replacing batteries.

• Big Daddy B

So I am unfamiliar with this piece of gear and exactly how it works. I once owned a Line 6 Acoustic that had an external power supply and I hated it. I felt "tethered." It was like one extra cable coming out of the guitar and I felt like I couldn't move to far without dragging it. I hated it,

On the other hand if you can use this with a normal cable like a stomp box, then might be worthwhile. You eliminate the risk of a battery leaking in the guitar. Affix it to your pedal board and you might not even notice...then the only probable drawback would be if you wanted to gig and go wireless. Or i guess if you tried to use it somewhere else (store, friend's amp, somewhere you don't habe the power supply).

Post to Thread