Marshall 1960(B)V x 1960AV

Updated
Marshall 1960(B)V x 1960AV
I was doing some research about the 1960A and the 1960AV, trying to decide which one would fit better my taste. I had been towards the A models only because I think they look better, but then I read that the 1960A and the 1960(B) doesn't sound the same way, which happens too when the 1960AV and the 1960BV are compared. Is it true? If so, how do they compare to each other? PS: I know, there are some models from other brands that cost the same, but I'm afraid it's not feasible to buy a 4x12 cab in the US and take it home with me. And in my country other 8 Ohms cabs that cost the same in the US are 50% more expensive - maybe I'd pay a bit more for an Orange, if it was as flexible as the Marshall when it comes to impedance.
Feraledge

A and B cabs don't project the same, at least on the top half. If you're using it as a half stack and standing right in front of it, you'll hear it better. I prefer B cabs personally.
I bought my 1960BV cab used in 96 and have never regretted it. I've owned other cabs since, but that cab has always been my go to for live or recording. It's the 300 watt BV, so it's got a custom Vintage 30 style Celestion that's rated for 75 watts. It sounds amazing.
The only other cab that I've considered on that level was the Orange 4 x 12s. Those are all "B" style as well and their projection is perfect.
I haven't found a Marshall 1960 that I was as stoked on as my 1960BV.

marcy_marc2008

Cant go wrong with either cab IMO.

like the guy above said it just depends on the projection you're looking for. i own a 1960av used it on tour for 5 years and never had a problem with it apart from a bit of trouble with the 16ohm selector.

great cabs and a good investment.

Post to Thread