effects loop question

Updated
tungusgrump
ok i have a peavey xxl combo i want to use my line 6 pod thru the effects loop i've tried various ways to hook it up and nothing so i'll ask the group i hooked the left and right outputs into the back of the amp thru the effects loop i plugged the guitar into the pod and i couldn't switch thru the channels in the amp i plugged into the front of the amp and didn't get any effects the footswitch for the amp has an on/off switch for the effects loop i've tried and no success what am i doing wrong ??? :rolleyes: i've used pedals thru the front of all of my amps in the past i wanted to be able to used the 3 channels in the amp and turn on/off the effects loop any info would be greatly appreciated thanks in advence tungus grump
gorsch

XXL Effects loop Send----------> to Input of Pod
Output of POD (just one side, which ever is for "mono")---------->effect loop return
Guitar to the same old normal input of XXL

just make sure your presets in the POD arent super gainy if gainy at all. effects loop is mostly for effects (chorus/delay/phase/flange/you get the idea)................not distortions and overdrives. Especially combined with the preamp of your XXL

tungusgrump

ok i'll try that i went on line 6 and they had a few things i could try (it also said not to use distortion only use effects) i want to use the gain stages from the amp anyway

thank you for the help

tungus grump

marcy_marc2008

yeah dude.

most amp models etc wont really work very well in an effects loop. stick to the normal effects like the other guy mentioned if your not running it infront of your amp or through a line input.

Post to Thread