H&K Switchblade?

Updated
capoeiraesp
Just lookin for some reviews/impressions of the half stack or combo.
gorsch

careful, the footswitch cables breaks. It's hardwired to the footswitch so it breaks right at the casing. Also a few other issues but overall a good amp. Why you getting rid of the 5150II. I love mine and choose to keep it over the switchblade. Just bought a G-major for effects. Different strokes for different folks. I'd save a little bit more $$ and get either an Engl Blackmore or the Powerball. Better in the long run.

capoeiraesp

True, i've heard about those issues. I guess that a powerball would be the right step up from the 5150mk2. I'm yet to see how the switchblade performs at loud volumes, really hoping there's some good chunk in her.

gorsch

it sounds alright. It does sound kinda "fake" when playing at high volume. Theres just too much in that amp to go wrong and not enough tubes. If you bought either Engl, it would be the last amp you would have to buy. The Blackmore can probably do more as far as genre's. Anywhere from classic rock to metal. The Powerball is just more "raw" and brutal. Could probably do pretty much anything though. I havent played with the powerball but my good bud has the blackmore. I believe they're only about $200 more then the switchblade.

Post to Thread