Addictive Drums/Cubase/Mixing Help needed :)

Updated
Gwedo
Has anyone got any tips on mixing drums on a home setup, im using a line 6 toneport, addictive drums and cubase. I have two main guitars and then i double them and tweak the EQ on the doubler track. Basically the guitars sound massive and the drums sound thin :-/ anyone know how i can get everything to sit nicely in the mix as it sounds.....amature at the moment lol
poidaobi

I hope when you double the guitars you mean you are recording it twice.

Copying a guitar track is not double tracking nor will it give you the wall of guitar effect.

Gwedo

i should be getting EZ drummer soon is that any better?

poidaobi

I'd get Ezdrummer over addictive easily. That's just me...

Some EzDrummer

Gwedo

I'd get Ezdrummer over addictive easily. That's just me...

Some EzDrummer

Wow that sounds hugeo, is this your band? tell me your secret!

Justinschut

damn fine work Poid ;) is that the DFH extention for EzDrummer ?

Ive been using EZ for a while and I like it, but I just got Addictive Drums and it seems to sound better/more versatile and have a lot more options, but I havent really put it to the test yet

DeathrollJM

of course easy drummer is going to sound better. even if you were to eq more bass and mids, if the velocity of the hit isn't very high, in the mix it will still sound thin, not matter how you EQ it.

EZ drummer will the step in the right direction for good quality drum sounds.

poidaobi

I wish that was mine. But I have drumkitfromhell not Ezdrummer. The band is Kryptillusion. Think they are from Sweden. And that's also 100% Pod.

Gwedo

I just ezdrummer so ill give it ago later on, so thats a pod for the guitars? mine dont sound that thick yet hmmmm

Gwedo

Ok ive tried both now, EZ drummer seems to sit better with the rest of the mix but addictive drums is more tweakable but not as ermm AHHHHHHHHHHHH if that makes sense lol, you are quite limited on ez drummer but the amount of patterns you get with DFH is great for quick ideas :)

poidaobi

Just before any misconceptions or untruths are mistaken for fact.

EZDrummer/DFHS samples are completely unprocessed/raw. They are taken direct from the microphone and preamp (which I'm sure were really expensive to produce awesome sound quality).

EZDrummer should be set to dry and it will be unprocessed/raw.

The reason why some EZDrummer/DFHS clip might sound processed is because they probably were by the engineer to obtain a certain sound! But the samples themselves are completely untouched when triggered from MIDI.

The reason why I think EZDrummer and DFHS shit on the rest of the Drum Sims is because they have the most natural/realistic sounding Overheads. Which are the trickiest part to making a Triggered kit sound like a real kit.

Post to Thread