ordered an M2 now looking for an amp.....

Updated
atmosphere0284
I'm sorry about another amp thread guys/gals but I listen to a lot of different types of music and I'm having trouble deciding on which amp I should look into. Santana, children of bodom, metallica, slayer, breaking benjamin, three days grace, atreyu, tool, various hair metal bands.....the list goes on and on.....I see a lot of 5150/6505, engl and mesa recommendations.....without price being an issue which would you go with and why?
Brian

Best advice is just to find each amp locally and try out as many as you can. Bring your guitar so you know what it will sound like once you get it home. What we might like, you might hate.

atmosphere0284

Best advice is just to find each amp locally and try out as many as you can. Bring your guitar so you know what it will sound like once you get it home. What we might like, you might hate.

I actually have tried all three brands and thought they all sounded great but I am by no means an expert...I guess I'm just wanting to hear other peoples opinions/reasons why they would choose a specific amp....

load more replies (1 of 1)
Turbo Rico

For me the best way to try something new is to buy used and try with the band and tweak with the band aswell. That means You´re gonna play with Your own guitars, no people (but the band) around, the band´s sound and of course play with the drummer.
Some stuff just don´t sound good with the band but can sound awesome in the store, keep that in mind.
I bought the Marshall JMP-1 preamp with an EL34 poweramp 100 watts and it sounded sheisse on the "modern" channel (OD2???) and the volume was not enough. OD1 was ok but not enough gain for my taste. Bought the SL-X head (100 watts) and everything got better, both the sound and volume and now I have a modded 2203 so everything be more than ok and I have more volume than I´ll ever need.:hat

Post to Thread