Recomend me a p/u for my strat

Updated
DeathIsMyJustice
Ok I was jamming on my strat last night and Im totally sick of the bridge pick up, I cant stand it any longer. Its got a SC in there but I just checked the routing and it will take a humbucker, obviously Ill need a neck scratch plate. Im looking for a well rounded pick up that will go from blues to hard rock. Im not after death metal tones, Iv got other guitars for that but something that I can rock out with :) Suggestions? Guitar: USA STD Strat, Alder body, Maple neck and board
MikeAmottV2006

My buddy used to have an alder bodied usa strat with a maple board and a Dimarzio Breed was the best sounding pick-up he ever had in it. might give that one a try. It's got alot of extended bass and high end and it really covers a lot of ground, tone wise.

ozzuk1

Humbucker or mini bucker?

Edit!!! swineshead make not so high output pickups like the condor runaway and the 13k warthog which is good for slashy and van halen type of stuff but aslo does cleans pretty good too, barkenuckle make a mass of mid gainy pickups the black Dogs are also used by jon schaffer of iced earth so they can do metal too...

A Black Dog should do bluesy stuff and heavier stuff quite well and if it's the one bucker your replacing £90 aint so bad...

The swineshead warthog would be around £40 and is pretty versatile...

load more replies (1 of 1)
Bridge The Void

'59. Pure sex in pickup form IMO. Bridge or neck, either is good.

Looking at the Custom 5 though...the soundclips on the SD site, comparing it to a 59, its much more powerful and punchy, if a little scooped sounding, so iunno.

DeathIsMyJustice

Cheers for the input guys, I must admit I was kinda leaning towards duncans cos I can get em cheap from work :)

Any more suggestions?

esp_gaijin

you can get a hotrails or similar that is humbucker in single-coil size that alleviates need to get a new p'guard;
these also can be coil-tapped so you can still get a single coil sound there when desired -- most often desired not for toggle position1, but for toggle position2 which is probably the most classic "strat" sound.

ESPimperium

Im looking at strat pickups at the moment and so far ive decided that theese are good for it:

SD SC Sized Scremin Demon
SD 59' Jnr (Neck)
BKP Miracle Man
BKP Nailbomb
DM Tone Zone (Both Sizes)

Im leaning in this direction for my Strat tho;

Bridge: SH-5 Duncan Custom
Middle & Neck: Fender USA 57/62

I was gonna get a BKP Miracle Man, but that may be too high in output, but then again i may just get it to make the bridge totally hot and spicey.

KH Guitar Freak

Dimarzio Norton is a good one too, not to mention their PAF models...

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread