Line 6 Amps...

Updated
Richie C
More specifically, the Spider Valve, Flextone III, and the Vetta. I'm currently using a Tone Port and I love the little thing to death. Also, I'm downsizing my amp since I can never really open it up enough since I'm sharing a house and I don't gig. What I'm looking for is some advice from Line 6 users that have tried these amps and what each one offers. I'm pretty much looking for an amp that I can record to my computer with and that has a lot of different pedal/amp features. Thanks!
the_emptier

there all good but never use recording out because its horrible

Mr Pigwalk

You've never heard the Vetta's direct outs have you?

TREVA

Line6 = crap

Mark K.

^+1 :p

TREVA

Line6 = crap

MikeAmottV2006

^^^^^anything in the hands of an idiot = crap....including mesa, engl, framus, vht, splawn......you name it. Like any other amp...it's all how you dial it in.

load more replies (1 of 1)
TheDevilHimself

The Flextone III is mediocre.

njrusmc

Gents, I just bought a Spider III 15W. SICK AMP!

Volume .5 is good for bedroom practice, volume 1 is too damn loud :)

Effects are neat, 4 channels (clean, crunch, metal, insane) each of which is heavier with more scooped mids and gain. Then your typical EQ knobs and volume controls, with line in/out jacks too. Definitely worth the $100 !!!!! Never played a line 6 before and I am thoroughly impressed. Was using a GR15 Marshall that I rebuilt myself, which was decent for bedroom practice but not even comparable to the Line 6. Pics to come ...

njrusmc

You gotta tell us about them now after that kind of statement :)

njrusmc

No and no. I will check out the book later today. I thought by "hidden" he meant undocumented. Thanks dude.

mafropetee

Spider Valves are great amps. The main problem with the Spider III was it's major lack of tone, and that's exactly what the Spider Valves have fixed, and quite successfully I might add. The clean still isn't great, and the bass is still a LITTLE harsh for my tastes, but otherwise it's a great sounding amp.

mafropetee

Oh I'm quite aware that there is still no comparison with the Vettas or HD147, but I still think that the tubes did more than you claim they did. They still need improvement, since it still uses the same modeling engine as the Spider III, and there are much better engines out there (such as those used in Roland Cubes), but like you said, for the price, the Spider Valve is a darn good amp. My rhythm guitarist uses one and I have a very hard time cutting through with my lowly Spider II 112. That's another thing that is very much improved with the Spider Valves: sound quality at high volumes. I turn my Spider II up, and it sounds like butt. He turns his Valve up, and it sounds like heaven compared to mine.

chrisolson

I had a little review - I'll cut & paste it here...

"I opened Pandora's Box this weekend!!

I've been using Line 6 stuff FOREVER. Typically, they do NOT react well to outboard pedals, particularly of the OD/Dist type. Since I got my SpiderValve, I've been a bit disappointed with the lack of a good Marshall sound that would tear siding off houses. I found one!!

I really like the Marshall "crunch" models on the SV, but it just didn't have enough...SOMETHING to get me to where I would want to use it - just not quite enough dirt & sustain. I had this problem witha real Marshall at one point in my life, so what do you do?? You throw an OD in front of the amp!

GC had Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive's on sale this weekend for $39. I figured "What the hell", and went to three GC's and finally found one (yes, THREE...). I brought it home and played around with the two Crunch models - one based on a 50 watt Plexi, and the other on a 100 watt plexi. Then I threw the SD-1 in front of it... HOLY SHIT!!! Pure tone!!! This is what I've been looking for!!!

Here's my setting on the Crunch Blue setting - IIRC...whatever the 100 Watt Plexi is... (These are clock settings - I'm going from memory, so I may have to edit this later):

Drive - 2:00 (SV OD OFF)
Bass - 12:00
Mid - 12:00
Treb - 2:00
Channel Vol - 2:00
Modulation - none
Delay - 9:00 (tap delay)
Reverb - none (Noise gate ON)
Presence - off

Boss SD-1 running into input:
Volume - 3:00
Tone - 12:00
Drive - 10:00

TURN IT UP!!

Try this out!! You might like what you hear!! I'm in LOVE!! I used a very similar setting for the 50 watt model too, and got similar results. I'll try a couple setting with each model - one with the on-board OD OFF, and one ON. I messed around with them last night with the on-board OD, and it was pretty cool - I just need to find the right gain setting.

I'm kinda kicking around picking up a 2nd hand Boss OD-20 so I can use a number of different OD combos, but anyway, I just wanted to share this. I would have never thought to use an OD with a L6 product before, but since it's got a tube power section, I thought I'd give it a shot - hell for $40, why not???

Check it out!"

Ryan 2%

and this is why im glad i dont play guitar. i pick between my fender or my esp, and thats the tone i go with. no worrying about effects, just the smoothness or the click. (and overall good tone, of course)

chrisolson

and this is why im glad i dont play guitar. i pick between my fender or my esp, and thats the tone i go with. no worrying about effects, just the smoothness or the click. (and overall good tone, of course)

What? :confused:

Justin

Well if it isn't treva XD
This is the last place i'd think you'd be ;]
I see you're still bashing everyone/everything (Y)
As far as pratice amps goes
Vox > Line Six

CaptainFantastik

I think i'm pretty much decided on an HD147 at this point. I have no desire to buy some super expensive amp and rack unit. It's just not practical for what I do and it just seems like the biggest bang for the buck as far as tonal variety is either in the HD147 or Vetta by Line 6. And unless I can find a Vetta deal on ebay I won't be getting one of those. I'm seeing some nice deals on HD147's on ebay from established sellers.

Mr Pigwalk

I've seen Vetta 1's go for around 600 bucks sometimes on the bay. Upgraded to 2.5 and all. Except for the aesthetics (looks like a fucking transformers reject) it's the exact same amp as the Vetta 2.

CaptainFantastik

I actually just saw one on ebay under $800. I was pleasantly surprised. Although, like Riffmaster said....it might be a bit of overkill for me. But like they say, better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Post to Thread