Vox Valvetronix clean channel?

Updated
galacticat
I've got a new guitar on the way and I need to figure out an amp solution pretty quick here. My initial thought was that I'd just run the 6-string though my Ampeg BA-115T (I play bass now and this 6 string will be my first). The Ampeg has a tube pre-amp, Piezo tweeter, and a couple higher frequency EQ models. It remains to be seen how well this works out, but I'm cautiously optimistic that the Ampeg will do justice to the 6 string. The bad news is that even if that works in theory, I'm still screwed on tone options. I've got Boss multi-effects for bass, which don't do me any good for the guitar. I could get a couple basic stomps for the 6-string and let it ride with the Ampeg, but why invest in building up around a bass amp that still is being relied on for my bass playing? Logic would seem to suggest I should spring for something new. In my price range (300-600), I thought the Vox Valvetronix AD100(or 50) VT-XL might be a good option for me. I'm 90% home studio recording, 10% blow the garage up with a couple buddies--no half-stack needed here. I like that you can still have max effects at low volumes, what appear to be good effects, and more than enough power for me. What I question is the effects. I'm used to a clean channel and my own boxes. Can anyone speak to how good these built in effects really are? My experience is mostly with Boss bass effects which I consider to be solid and serviceable but nothing mind-blowing. I'd expect any built-in amp effects to be at least as good as Boss shit, because otherwise I'd want the best clean channel amp (for the money), and build it up with separate stomps and pedals. The last thing I want is an amp with a bunch of cheesy effects and no good clean channel from which to run better stuff if I need to. How good is the clean on this thing, and how good are the effects?
Post to Thread