noob question...

Updated
Mystievel
maybe it woulda been better to just pm someone this eh? 1. What exactly is an amp head and what to they do. do they have speakers or just change the sound of you cabinet/amp or what? 2. what is a rectifier and what do they do?
TREVA

For god sake do you know google ?

google rectifier and you will see what it is.
At the same time you will see what's a head.
For god sake how can this be so difficult ???!!!
Sorry but those aren't noob questioins,they are dumb questions.
I was a noob and never asked something so dumb.

xcc

that is beyond noobnes!

chevy Z 302

Please answer both those questions for us since they're so dumb, thanks!:)

Deadpulse

i suppose you're gunna tell him to go build a cab as well huh?

nivek41

A head is basically an Amplifier minus the speakers. You will need a Guitar Cabinet which is a speaker enclosure to go along with the amp head.

A Rectifier is a type of Amplifier made by Mesa Boogie.

TheGuardian

Isnt a rectifier some part of an amp? Or am I thinking of something completly different maybe?

Bridge The Void

The rectifier is part of the amp, yes. I wish I could explain exactly what it did, but its something to do with the tightness of the sound - you have your diode rectifiers which tighten the amp up then tube rectifiers which give more sag. Apparently - I've only ever played diode rectified amps.

Not to be confused with the Mesa Recto. They are named so due to the option of having a diode or a tube rectifier - hence the Dual Rectifier head: It has a diode rectifier and a tube rectifier which you can switch between. The triple rectifier has a diode rectifier and 2 tube rectifiers to handle the increased wattage. The Singel Rectifier has only the diode rectifier.

MikeAmottV2006

The rectifier is part of the amp, yes. I wish I could explain exactly what it did, but its something to do with the tightness of the sound - you have your diode rectifiers which tighten the amp up then tube rectifiers which give more sag. Apparently - I've only ever played diode rectified amps.

Not to be confused with the Mesa Recto. They are named so due to the option of having a diode or a tube rectifier - hence the Dual Rectifier head: It has a diode rectifier and a tube rectifier which you can switch between. The triple rectifier has a diode rectifier and 2 tube rectifiers to handle the increased wattage. The Singel Rectifier has only the diode rectifier.

Actually a triple rectifier has 3 tube rectifiers.

load more replies (1 of 1)
chevy Z 302

damnit i wanted the asshole above to answer this shit

a rectifier converts AC to DC

MV-CTM

a rectifier actually is what turns an AC signal into a DC signal, as to why Mesa chose that for the name of an amp line, I have no idea, lol.

zxken

i never really knew wat a amp head was either. So i take it you can plug your amp head to your cabinet part right?

Bridge The Void

i never really knew wat a amp head was either. So i take it you can plug your amp head to your cabinet part right?

Its the only way you'll make noise with it.

MikeAmottV2006

I often wonder.....is it really so hard to answer a simple question.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Metallijosh

Ooh Ooh! What are guitar strings!?!

arsiscode

Where can I get teh KRIK's signatures hand tapes. I heard it is made by the tr00 3M!!111!!1!

:):p8o:|

chevy Z 302

shutup noob>|<

u stuped~

grabble grabble grabble!

chevy Z 302

everyone knows that only comes with the kh20 and its mystic tonewoods

its got a tape despenser in the case, while the gl20 has the tuner.

maxdgad

you'll learn when you grow at least 4 to 5 years older than 12/13

idpmofo

Idk why some of u insist on being dikheads. :confused::o:(:mad: Everyone has to start somewhere. and I've found google or wiki to be difficult at times too.

Maybe a beginners question seem stupid to you in the same way one of your questions would sound stupid to say, EVH

For those of you who answered the question (some did it very well, I might add), ty for not letting our forum appear to be a group full of know-it-all cockfags.

Post to Thread