Talk To Me About Drum Machines

Updated
Talk To Me About Drum Machines
Im thinking that because i cant get to grips with a Metronome at all, altho at one time i was just about to get along with one when things happened out side when i was just getting faster. I did get along with a drum machine i had in a Zoom G2 once, but i am thinking i should get a stand alone drum machine to help my playing. What are the pros and cons of a drum machine and also what ones come recommended. I was thinking about the Boss DR-3 for this. Thanks again.
xcc

just download some software and play it on your computer if it's just for practising;) works well for me at least..

Sixstringhotshot

If you can't play along to a monotone metronome, you can't play in time to a polytonal drum beat. If you're looking strictly for timing improvement, you won't see any benefit with a drum machine.

Greatdeceiver

yeah you should learn to play up to metronome. its not as difficult as you might think (yes white men CAN do it), it will just need you to practice along with it. I like troy stetina's advanced technique book or w/e its called, it had just perfect exercises to develop sense of rythm

Post to Thread