Power converter: influence on sound?

Updated
JeanPaul du Vinnie
I'm most certainly buying a Tremoverb from someone of the forums. Now, I'll be needing a power converter to get the beast going where I live. Does anyone of you have any experience with using a converter on an amp? I've had someone tell me that it changes your sound a bit... don't know what's actually true about that. It's not gonna keep me from buying the Mesa but I'd still like to hear some opinions/stories from experience.
Blake

I don't think it makes any difference, its effectively running it the way its always been run. Then again I've never had my amp hooked into anything other than the converter so it just sounds the way it sounds to me. You won't notice anything because you've never heard it without the converter. Easy:D

JeanPaul du Vinnie

I've actually been thinking about it that way too :lol But it'd be a shame not to get the fullest out of the Mesa, still.

Bridge The Void

Is that a voltage converter as in you're buying from a country with a different outlet voltage like America?

Be careful with those. I got a shiny HD147 from eBay and my transformer wasn't in the best condition. My amp is now broke, and can't be fixed in the UK due to the voltage issue. £400 I'll never get back.

JeanPaul du Vinnie

Yeah, it'd be a 110 V (US) to 220 V (Europe) converter... I'm definately getting the best I can find. I don't think I'd ever get any more sleep if I broke it :\

Dying To Live

Is that a voltage converter as in you're buying from a country with a different outlet voltage like America?

Be careful with those. I got a shiny HD147 from eBay and my transformer wasn't in the best condition. My amp is now broke, and can't be fixed in the UK due to the voltage issue. £400 I'll never get back.

You should just move to the USA and BAM! 400 pounds back in your pocket. Damn, I'm good! Regular frickin' Perry Mason right here.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Shreddy

I don't think its effecting the tone on my Boss GT8 and my other guitarists GT6 but these are processors. Can't help you with the amp scenario though.

chevy Z 302

i doubt it will, im sure you'll dig it as much as the other ones you've played.

if anything, as mentioned, it would have to be fairly negligable whether or not its really affecting tone.

esp_gaijin

you can't have guns, ha-ha. :p

just thought i'd throw that out there. :p

i have no idea where you even live or if you have your own cult with a warehouse full of guns. :p

JeanPaul du Vinnie

Ok thanks guys, the consensus seems to be that it won't be a big deal. Well hurray!
you can't have guns, ha-ha. :p

just thought i'd throw that out there. :p

i have no idea where you even live or if you have your own cult with a warehouse full of guns. :p

The yellow spot with Belgium on top of it.
We can't have guns... well we can, but we have to register and follow a shooting course and all that. Not that I care really. Never cared about guns and when the Mesa comes in I won't be needing one ever again, anyway. :hat

Post to Thread