Piezo Pickups

Just Want to know what they are really. I know they create an acoustic sound but where are they mounted. I really like the sound of the one Petrucci uses on his sigs. Is Piezo the brand name or just another word for acoustic pickup? O and what one does Petrucci use? Thanks in advance

piezo is a type of pickup, not a brand. your everyday pickups in most guitars are magnetic pickups. they are usually mounted in, on, or as part of the bridge. that's all i know.

Post to Thread