Espgianni

Does setting the action lower on a guitar mess with the intontion?

Updated
hi......i just got my Mii setup, i want the action lower, do i have to set it up again or can the tech just lower the action? Whats involved in just lowering the action? truss rod and bridge height adjustments?...
MORE »
Frank M.

ESP LTD EC-256 Vintage Natural neck pickup

Updated
Just picked up a used ESP LTD EC-256 Vintage Natural guitar. Neck humbucker looks to be chrome. The Humbucker is not working correctly.  Very very low volume output. Looks like I need to replace it. Can i buy an exact ESP...
MORE »
Giorgi M.

LTD M-10 Korea 2002 Problem!

Updated
I Have a Problem about my LTD M-10 Korea 2002 I love how it looks, but it have really bad pickups also look the photo how pickup magnet and the strings are how can i fix it? i have seymour duncan active pickups so should i go...
MORE »
ARMANDO D.

How to remove adhesive backed shim from neck

Updated
Hello! This question is for those in the “know”. 

At some point long ago a guitar “tech” at a guitar store did a setup on my ESP and used a product called 3M Stikit which is adhesive backed sandpaper as a shim which he...
MORE »
Mateusz K.

EMG grounding

Updated
Hello, I own ESP M-II and I replaced passive Duncans with EMG 57/66. I hear some slight noise from guitar, which should not occur on EMG (despite I touch the strings or not). I know that EMG should not be string ground, but...
MORE »
Thomas H.

ESP MX220 EETF*K

Updated
Hello guys, I am building an MX220 EETF*K because let's face it, this is the best guitar ever. Legendary shape, owner, sleek look and irreverent.I use the shape of my Epiphone Explorer 1984 as my starting point.   I have...
MORE »
Painting your own guitar 101:  A guide in pictures. (56k breathes in toxic fumes))

Painting your own guitar 101: A guide in pictures. (56k breathes in toxic fumes))

Updated
I threw this guide together out of old pictures of a Gibson Flying V I painted in 2009. The pictures were not meant to be used as a guide, but since I don't plan on documenting another paint job for at least the next several...
MORE »
Mark M.

Ltd SG viper 50

Updated
Can a truss rod be removed from a viper sg 50 without removing fret board?...
MORE »
EclipseMan

Buzzy bass string only?

Updated
Hi everyone

I recently installed EMGs myself for the first time and was a complete success. I decided I should now start to do my own set ups so I did. I used to play 10-46 gauge in Eb on my LTD EC256FM but went up a...
MORE »
Neck Angle

Neck Angle

Updated
I can't seem to find any info on if ESP angles any of their necks.  Typically Explorers are angled neck but I don't know that ESP went that way.  My KH-202 is flat. Is the MX series flat or angled?  I'm planning to build a...
MORE »
Nostradamus

Setting up a guitar for drop B tuning

Updated
Hi, I am going to be re-tuning one of my guitars, currently in standard E, to drop B, the lowest tuning I have tried so far. I know I am going to need some heavier gauge strings (I'm going with 11-56) but will I have to make...
MORE »
carl g.

STRING GAUGE FOR DROP B

Updated
Hi i am new to guitars ,i use a 6 string  EC -1000  i want to get into drop tuning, (death metal )which string gauge would you recommend  for drop B AND DROP d ?  thanks y/s carl...
MORE »
neck thru vs set thru neck

neck thru vs set thru neck

Updated
whats the difference between these two neck specifications?...
MORE »
Edwards MII CTM Wiring

Edwards MII CTM Wiring

Updated
Edwards are very hard to find any information on.    I just got a 2022 Edwards MII CTM. The guitar has 1 volume, and 1 tone. I would like to replace the tone pot with a mini DPDT coil split toggle.   Can someone help me...
MORE »
Bar issues

Bar issues

Updated
I have a Michael Wilton ltd strat and the bar keeps coming loose and falling off. Any suggestions to keep it on firmly but still be able to remove when it’s in the case./gig bag?   thanks ...
MORE »