Esp Eclipse E-II BB. Laquer crack or neck crack?

Updated
Neal W.

Hi all,

I purchased a used ESP Eclipse E-ii BB and ordered this offline. The seller admitted that there has been a laquer repair done on the back of the guitar but couldn't really spot anything in the pictures they posted. It arrived today and theres a crack at the base of the neck, where it joins the body and I'm just looking for an opinion from some pros as to whether this looks like a neck repair or is simply laquer? Pictures below.

The shop I bought it from has promised me a lifetime gaurentee on it if something happens. The guy is also trying to find out who did the laquer repair job from the original seller that he knows well. which gives me a bit of assurance.

Cheers!

The above image has a square shaped recess (barely noticeable but looks to match where the neck joins the body).

Bit of

Bit of overspray on the above image.

Pretty long crack here but not sure where way the grain of the wood is going on these BBs?

Pushead

It's hard to say, but I suspect that it's just a crack in the finish. The cracks are right along where the body wood meets the neck wood. I wish I had a photo of the joint to show you to help ease your mind.

Neal W.

Cheers dude. I took it down to my local luthier and he confirmed it's a finish crack. I managed to get a picture before the repair and it's absolutely fine. Managed to pick the guitar up for £1000 after negotiating the damage. I ended up with a steal.

Post to Thread