2019 EC-1000T Is my Neck Right?

Updated
Rob P.

I just picked up a 2019 EC-1000T and i noticed that the fretboard doesnt seem to be sitting right.

Here's a pic. Where the neck connects to the body, it doesn't lay flat. You can see from left to right, the height increases. Do I have something to worry about?

Pushead

No, that's perfectly normal.

Rob P.

Ok, I hope it is, because I noticed when I was playing that the neck seems to twist just a tiny, tiny bit. My first guitar of this les paul-esque style and I just don't know what is normal.

Speaking of that, these active pickups are really HOT compared to my Ibanez. Almost too hot, it's hard to get a clean tone out of it without reducing the gain quite a bit on my board. 

Fortunately, I have 15 days to make sure its all working as its supposed to.

metalhobo

• +1 on it being normal. LP-styles (in addition to other types of guitars, like those with top mount floyds) have an angle built in to the neck. you'll notice the bridge on LP-style guitars is higher off the body than say, a stratocaster, because of this angle.

• what do you mean by a "twist? do you mean that the neck moves while playing, or that at rest the neck is not "straight" (by "straight" I don't mean perfectly planar, as every neck has relief. but just that the curvature does not change when referenced from the high string vs. low string)

• for clean tones, just turn the volume knob down some.

Rob P.

by twist, i mean that when you look at the neck from the side; in a playing position, if you hold it level you can see more fretboard as you move towards the pickups. the treble side is higher than the bass. its like its very slightly angled, maybe by design, i dont know. 

metalhobo

that doesn't sound good. if you hold the guitar up with the body at eye level and look down the fretboard (imagine you're trying to look down a tube, with the tube being the fretboard) does the board look "straight"? (see also: https://travelingguitarist.com/what-is-a-warped-guitar-neck/)

Post to Thread