New Nut for MX250

Updated
New Nut for MX250

I think it is time to replace the Nut on my MX250 and i would liek to replace it with an original . How and where can i order it? Has anyone experience with that?

Pushead

I feel like this is something I should know, but don't. It looks to be carbon fiber, but I can't seem to find one online. You may want to try customerservice@espguitars.com

metalhobo

I see ESP japan has carbon fiber nut blanks listed on their site (https://espguitars.co.jp/parts/795/)... of course you'd have to get it shaped and slotted by a luthier, as with any nut you buy. you're unlikely to find a pre shaped/cut nut for that guitar. also, I'm not sure how hard it would be to find a luthier willing to work with a carbon fiber nut. your other option would be to a black Tusq nut blank, which would easy to work with.

but this is all implying the question, why do you think you need a new nut?

Metaddict

@metalhobo Yes i saw that but i hoped to get a carbon fiber nut here in Germany. Im starting to get more fretbuzz on my Guitar and i checked everything else. The MX has been my mainguitar for over 3 years now (Live,Recording und just jamming) and so i change strings quite often.

metalhobo

a luthier can put a shim under the existing nut and adjust the slots thereafter. another method is to use some filler (very hard and smooth) to fill in the slots, then recut. 

Post to Thread