The Fake ESP Thread

Updated
The Fake ESP Thread

Pushead and I are here to help verify ESP and LTD guitars. If you have, or are looking to buy a guitar that you're unsure of, post pictures and questions in this thread. Please post clear pictures of the front and back of the headstock, the fretboard, and the front and back of the body. Preferably before you buy anything.

Anyone else is free to offer suggestions on authenticity. If you answer a post, please tell us why you think it's real or fake.

Pushead

Duh. Oh yeah. Did you have a different name then or am I just going senile?

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it. It may be a refinish, but the guitar itself is legit.

alex o.

Hi There!

Can anyone suss out if this is a legit ESP Eclipse? I am not an expert in these, especially with the four knobs. To me it looks legit, but I'd love some help with other knowledgable opinions. Many Thanks!

https://reverb.com/item/49376852-esp-eclipse-paul-landers-signature

Pushead

Hey Alex. Looks like someone beat you to it, but yes, it's a legit Eclipse I from 2007. I don't think it was ever technically called a Paul Landers Signature, but the early ones were dubbed PL and that later changed to BB, I think.

alex o.

thanks for confirming, Pushead. i am actually the person who beat me to it . i just did the most boneheaded thing which was to buy it with very little extra authentication help. but you have put my mind at ease

this is my first Japanese ESP. I have an 2005 LTD Truckster and am awaiting the 2022 LTD EC-1000 in vintage gold satin, so I am excited to get this guitar, according to tracking it should arrive in two days.

mrbungledisco

Hello, I am looking at this M-II Deluxe on ebay, it looks like it has no serial number though. Does it look legit to you Pushead?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165169230639?hash=item2674da732f:g:nFQAAOSwpJJheIuc&autorefresh=true

Pushead

I'm surprised that there isn't a serial number on the neck plate at least. The guitar looks good to me. Body and neck shapes all seem fine, as well as the logos. The truss rod cover isn't original, nor are the screws in the electronic cover and trem spring covers. I'm shocked that the price is at that level now, but I guess that's where we are in 2022.

mrbungledisco

I don't think they'll get that price, especially with all the scratches on the back side. Thank you for your help!

Jason R.

Hi, can you guys help authenticate this guitar. Thank you.

Jason R.

Jason R.

Jason R.

Jason R.

Jason R.

Jason R.

Jason R.

Jason R.

Jason R.

How about this one.

Post to Thread