The Fake ESP Thread

Updated
The Fake ESP Thread

Pushead and I are here to help verify ESP and LTD guitars. If you have, or are looking to buy a guitar that you're unsure of, post pictures and questions in this thread. Please post clear pictures of the front and back of the headstock, the fretboard, and the front and back of the body. Preferably before you buy anything.

Anyone else is free to offer suggestions on authenticity. If you answer a post, please tell us why you think it's real or fake.

Pushead

It's legit. A 2016 model

Zizworth

Any info on this would be appreciated, it was a gift from a friend who doesn’t remember how, when, or where he got it and I’m considering selling it to thin the herd. I’m not familiar enough with ESP guitars to tell if it’s real, the year it was made, or what it’s actually worth

Pushead

The Horizon seems legit. With the circle logo on the back, it's probably early 90s.

Walter D.

Was wondering what model and year this? Probably Japaneese.

Walter D.

Closer look of headstock

Walter D.

Bolt on

Walter D.

One more! 

Would be nice if you guys could help me further. Greetings Walter

Pushead

The neck is definitely legit. Hard to gauge the year without a serial number.

Lee T.

Any idea what model and year the guitar is. I'm believing it's a 2011 standard series ESP Ex destroyer Diamond Plate. Does the SS stand for standard series or signature series. What would they go for these days (it comes with the original esp rectangle hard case? 

Walter D.

Does ESP have these rhoads models, cause body looks like a Jackson?

Pushead

You are correct. 2011 Standard Series. The model is called EX Diamond plate. You can see it in the 2011 catalog at:

https://cdn.connectsites.net/user_files/esp/downloads/000/000/100/ESP-2011-Catalog.pdf?1392144828

Solorza M.

Heno fabricado en china pra LTD ??

Pushead

Yes, some LTD guitars are made in China.

Jo C.

Hi PLEASE HELP!! I am looking at this guitar on reverb......is it fake?? Any help would be much appreciated! Please see link below

Pushead

Looks good to me. 2018 model.

Jo C.

Great! Thank you for getting back to me

Post to Thread