• Frank V.

    1998 LTD Explorer Bridge Replacement


    First post (yay).

    I've searched all over the web but I can't find the info that I need... not even at the vendor's websites.

    I have a 1998 LTD Explorer that I love. The bridge saddles are very worn now and buzzing like mad, so I would like to replace it with a new one.

    I don't know which one I should buy because the newer Gibsons come with F-Spaced Tuneomatics, and my LTD has "standard" string spacing and the poles that hold the bridge are different sizes.

    Anyone have any idea?


    Thanks a lot!!!! <3


    • jt76

      I think at that point in time it should be a gotoh but i don't know the size off the top of my head.  Also the posts would have to be the same diameter, 

      any music store guitar tech should be able to deterimine what you need,  the big chain shops may even have one hanging on the rack. 

      Also it may be possible just to replace the saddles,   I have never needed to change a tune o matic bridge on any of my guitars. 



    • Pushead

      You're better off asking this question via the "Support > Contact Support" pull down at the top of the page.  ESP monitors the forums, but doesn't actually do anything useful with them.


      (But I suspect that it's a metric spaced T-O-M replacement.  I think all of the ESP bridges are actually F spaced as well.)

    • Frank V.

      I appreciate the help guys!

      You guys have been very helpfull, thank you