Help with roland gr20/GK-3 pickup.

Updated
SOADIronHand13
Hey, im very interested in purchasing a roland gr-20 which required the GK-3 pickup to be installed on the guitar. i have the dj-600, the ex shaped guitar, i was just wondering how well the GK-3 can or will fit onto that guitar and if anybody has experience with this please help me out. thanks
solitude71

My advice to you is (I did the same) leave your main axe alone and install the GR stuff on a seperate cheap guitar. If you really must have one guitar for everything or you're on a tight budget you can install GK on everything.
If you have a Tonepros type bridge it is even better because you can install it by attaching it to the bridge itself. If you have Strat type or floyd rose bridges you can install by sticking the GK to the body via special adhesive tapes supplied by the GR-GK. The tapes come off easily leaving no stains so don't worry if you need to take it off. With this option it takes ages and a lot of patience to find the exact spot where GK works properly. It is harder than adjusting action, intonation and truss rod adjustments combined :)) so what I did was just buy a cheap fixed bridge guitar and install it on its bridge and it worked fine in just 10 mins.

Post to Thread