Tele-style ESP Custom, can anyone say when it was built?

Updated
Tele-style ESP Custom, can anyone say when it was  built?

I purchased this guitar secondhand in 1999, but am curious to know when it was built.

The headstock is a little older, as ESP has since changed the shape. Also, the letters ESP are engraved at the rear of the headstock. The serial number, 60037, is engraved in the neck plate, with four screws.

I contacted ESP about this last November, but all they could tell me was that it was made in Japan. As I got this in New York, I'm starting to wonder if this might have been made at 48th Street Custom Guitars. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!

Scuzzy M.

David  F.

Hello there, I own a similar tele that I got in a trade back in around the same year. Don't know the serial number on mine, ESP is engraved on back of the headstock, looks like a decal on front of headstock labeled 48th street custom guitars New York City. I never have had the neck off but wondering if it is  possible that the serial number may be located there. I too would like to know the year built. The tuning keys read Made In Japan. 

Dave

Scuzzy M.

Thanks for the post. Your guitar definitely has a lot in common with mine, although the bridge on yours is more traditional. The funny thing I find about this guitar is that, while it has many of the same features as the Fender guitar that inspired it, it has a much warmer sound. And, surprisingly, tons of sustain.

David  F.

Same here I was wondering how much mine might be worth also

Post to Thread